12 Articles on US State pensions
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
I am putting together a new website that focuses pensions for retirement. I’ve got the need for a large number of blog-length articles, but I am also using this a demonstration of your abilities to invite a few writers to complete longer ebooks in the 10-20 page length. Those that produce a well-researched, well-written article will be in the running for both repeat and expanded length work. I run all articles through Copyscape to check for uniqueness, so if you are not able to produce a unique article, please decline the job and refund any payment.
Each article should be at least 900 words, and since a fair amount of this will be simple internet research and not new creation, I’m hoping it will be fairly easy.
For each state, please:
• List the various larger government pension plans and who they are for (at least for general government employees, fire / police, and teachers if they are different)
For the largest plan (usually the general government / PERS group) Please:
• Give a brief description of the plan
• The type of benefits available (e.g. 1% of salary per year of service, etc. Many have multiple)
• The contribution rate for different options (e.g. 1% a year may be free, but if I want a plan with 2% a year, I have to contribute 3% of salary, etc.)
• The types of survivor benefits available and at what costs
• The full retirement age and a summary of the early retirement options and requirements
• At what level is the plan funded
• Vesting period, i.e. how many years before I could get a pension?
• Whether there is a cost of living (COLA) or other inflation protection and what that level is for 2012, 2013, and 2014 if known.
• Basic url for state pension site.
• Some recent news bits
For this job, here are the states I need: