Senior PHP Developer / top-class Backend Engineer (MySQL, Big Data, Caching, multiple APIs) full-time
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
You will be the technical lead in our fast-growing e-commerce startup. We deal with Big Data - millions of products and thousands of transactions every day.
You are not only an excellent hands-on developer you also understand the business implications and help scale the existing business. IT is a key driver for our business therefore you have the chance to contribute a lot to the success of the company. If you have a "get things done" attitude your work will make a difference from day one.
Start date: June 2014.
The candidate should be available 20+ hours per week for at least 3 months.
Communication via Skype / Hangout and meeting in person if both of us see the potential for a long-term partnership.
Must have skills:
- 5+ years experience with custom and complex web-based applications (build from scratch, not just Wordpress, Drupal etc.)
- PHP (very good knowledge)
- MySQL databases (very good knowledge)
- Extensive experience managing LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) environments
- Software architecture / planning
- Familiarity with JSON-based and XML APIs
Nice to have skills:
- Adwords API / Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Performance tuning / caching (Memcached, Varnish), SQL query optimization
- Scalability and Internationalisation
- Building search engines and search algorithms
- Previous work in an agile SCRUM environment
What we offer:
- you will be working on very interesting projects for an internet startup
- reliable and honest business partner (serial entrepreneur with focus on marketing, sales and digital products)
- long-term cooperation possible