Product Recommendation Wizard - Users answer a few questions, and product(s) are recommended to them
The idea is simple:
I offer marketing, strategy and design services to small businesses (temporary website at www.myedesigner.com/new) and want to have a tool called something like "Recommend me something" that allows web visitors to figure out what service may be recommended for them based on their needs.
The recommendation tool should be based on a form that lets web visitors answer a few questions (or set of questions), with around 3-5 steps maximum.
Sample questions to be shown (in order) NOTE: They're not the final chosen questions.
1. Step 1: Who you are:
- How long have you been in business. Options: Dropdown with # of years
- What type of business are you? Options: Dropdown listing 10-15 target industries/categories
- How big is your organization. Options: # of Employees = 2-5, 6-10, 11-20, 20-50, 50+
-- What does your business offfer? Options: Physical Product OR Service
-- What product/services do you sell? Options: Fill in text box.
2. Step 2: Existing Marketing & Strategy
- Do you have a marketing strategy plan in plan? YES/NO
- What marketing method do you currently use? Options for checkboxes: Online marketing, print marketing, website, social media (and a few more options)
-- For each item checked, a box should appear asking for each option "Actively managed/designed by someone?" (Options = YES/NO)
- Do you own a website. Options= YES/NO. If Yes, Year it was last designed: Options = Enter Year.
- How often do you run a marketing promotion? Options = 1/week, 1/month, 1/quarter, Few times a year, Other
3. Step 3: Selling Online
- Currently selling online? Options = YES/NO
--- IF YES, ask questions = Need help managing your store (YES/No), Need help redesigning your store? YES/NO
-- IF NO, ask question = Would you like to sell online? YES/NO
------- IF YES:
-- Do you have photos of your products? YES/NO
-- Do you have descriptions/text of your products and/or company? YES/No
A series of 3-5 recommended services (with specific mentioning of which packages) are best for their business.
WHAT IT MEANS:
The recommendation tool is NOT a simple form to just save the information of the fields and send it to me (or the user) by email or simply save it on a database. The tool must use an algorithm that "thinks" and can recommend product A, B, C or D based on the responses from the short survey the user takes.
The programmer would work with me to figure out what the algorithm must recommend based on what I tell the programmer..
It must recommend one product/service for one or more of the categories of services I offer which are Strategy, Marketing, Design and Technology.