Sysadmin tester for a Linux monitoring web platform (S2Mon)
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
S2Mon is a server monitoring web service which combines Nagios, Charts, Alerting and other features. S2Mon saves you the time to install, set up and maintain Nagios every time you need to monitor a server. Furthermore, S2Mon is fully customizable by letting you use your own monitoring probes written in any programming language. The platform is completely API driven and thus easily portable and white-labeled.
We are looking for System Administrators who operate at least 5 Linux servers. Your task is to:
1. Create a new account (https://www.s2mon.com) – the registration is free while we are in beta.
2. Add and configure at least 5 different Linux servers to be monitored for a dozen of the built-in monitored services and metrics. Note that we do not collect any private information about the servers – only numeric metrics.
3. Enable one URL address to be monitored using the “service_config/http/add” API call (http://apiwiki.s2mon.com). This monitoring service is currently configurable only via the API. There is a command-line API interface which you can use from the console, similar to the Amazon AWS API.
4. Give us detailed feedback about the web interface, API, features, ease of use, documentation, etc.
5. After a week, review the collected data and give us feedback again.
We will hire more than one contractor, so please don’t hesitate to apply. We expect professionals who are open-minded to try new technologies and have hands-on experience with Linux System Administration. When applying, list the full version of the Linux flavors that you can set up to be monitored, as well as how busy those servers are. Idle servers are not of interest.
Skills: linux, amazon