Rewriting/ Localising Financial Website Articles for the Philippines
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
About the Company
We are a financial advisory website operating out of Southeast Asia. We require a freelance writer to rewrite and localize our existing English articles to generate unique content for the Filipino context.
We want a database of short financial advice articles quickly rewritten and localized to suit Filipino consumers.
The details of the job are as follows:
1) Article length: ~300-600 words per piece (to correspond with source article length)
2) Content: Simple financial advice for consumers of all levels of financial understanding.
3) Work parcel: 5 articles per batch
4) Rate: USD12-15/1000 words. (roughtly USD25-30 per batch)
5) Deadline: approx. 3 days per parcel (speed and quality of work is valued and will be rewarded with more contracts)
6) Further work availability: Up to 15 additional parcels upon satisfactory completion!
7) Opportunity for permanent engagement: additional translation/ rewriting work (1 article every 1-2 weeks) at much higher rate.
We want the site’s content to be succinct, and simple to understand. It should appeal to consumers of any level of financial understanding. Rewrites need to address cultural sensitivities and localise examples to fit local context. Paraphrasing is ok, as long as articles pass plagiarism checks
The writer we are looking for should have these traits:
1) Excellent creative writing in English
2) Have a moderate understanding of financial products such as Credit Cards, Personal Loans, Home and Car Loans
3) Quick turnaround will be rewarded with the possibility of further work, increasing rates, and permanent engagement
4) SEO working knowledge and application is desirable.
5) Understanding of Filipino/ Tagalog is desired
How to apply:
Please respond to us with the following:
1) A cover letter detailing why you are most suited
2) List of experience in online publishing and creative writing.
Skills: rewriting, english