Weekly Sketchnote Artist Needed
Closed - This job posting has been filled.
I'm looking for an illustrator or two who can help me create dynamic and beautiful Sketchnotes for events and book summaries. You'll be redrawing/recreating notes that I've already taken - all the copy, (original) images, and rough mockup is provided.
I previously worked with a great illustrator, but I've lost touch with him.
Please look at the Sketchnotes that have been created - yours need to be as good as, or better, than these. They don't have to be identical.
I will provide you with the following:
- a rough layout of where everything should be on the page.
- links to images that I'd like to have drawn
- copy/text in a text file
These need to be done on a tablet - not in ink - as changes are often needed. Using pen/pencil and paper is too time-consuming to change. Once we get the hang of working together, these will get easier.
Attached is a sample of completed Sketchnotes - this is what I'm looking to recreate. I wanted to attach a sample of the layout I'd give you - but I don't see it here. Also, below is the copy that goes with a layout - along with links to images (as I would like them drawn). I'll also provide the audio of the event, like this: The audio can be found at: https://soundcloud.com/nextthingno
If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer. I'm looking for an estimate of hours you think it would take to deliver a finished product - I'll pay hourly, but I want it to be based off of the total time you'd expect it to take. Expect a little back and forth for the first one - note that I"m looking for one or two artists to do many of these for the year.
If you are hired, I would hire you to do just on quarter of the Sketchnote, to make sure we agree on the look.
Also, please provide relevant, excellent pieces in your portfolio. I want to see sketching/drawing/illustration work.
1. If you want to SURVIVE you're going to have to learn how to be creative.
2. CREATIVE CONFIDENCE "The natural ability to come up with creative ideas + the courage to act on them
3. State of Create
image (adobe logo) - http://blog.laptopmag.com/wpress/w
75% of people feel they're aren't living up to their creative potential at work
4. Piñata Cookies
image (cookies) - http://i.imgur.com/rf1h7.jpg
She redefined what creativity was.
"I'm great at collecting ideas!"
5. You don't have to make everything from scratch.
#1 START with EMPATHY
Be an anthropologist
6. image (hands opening bottle) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/g4byim0x
7. image (old lady) - http://www.craigadvisors.com/wp-co
"Medicine bottles don't give me any trouble."
8. image (eyes) - http://a.abcnews.com/images/Health
Seeing With New Eyes
(non find new lands)
9. Harder as you go though your career because you develop DEEP expertise that is extremely valuable to your organization.
10 VUJADÉ (not dejavu)
CAT scan for kids
"You've got to stay PERFECTLY STILL of the pirate will find you!"
11. image (scanner) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/3pslgyky
12 image (pirate) - http://86bb71d19d3bcb79effc-d9e692
13. #3 TREAT LIFE AS AN EXPERIMENT
Build experimentation into the process
14. image (edison) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/daeh8ebo
15. Build a Karakoke-like environment
- a "we're in this together"-like place
- absolutely no judgment
- failure doesn't damage your career
16. LOWER THE BAR
medical device prototype
17. image (prototype) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/fvoo8cmy
18. image (dog) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/6pp2rrl2
Every Japanese person knows the story of Hachiko -
THE STORY IS ABOUT LOYALTY
19. #3 TELL STORIES!
20. Creativity Exists Everywhere
21. image (french wine with korean label) - http://blogs.usyd.edu.au/theoryand
Vintage French wine using country-of-sale language
22. image (kids eating) - http://www.examiner.com/images/blo
Students eating family-style in San Francisco (more fruits and veggies)