We are a 25 year old software consulting firm specializing in web application development using Microsoft technologies, primarily ASP.Net and SQL Server. We utilize a hybrid team approach of on-shore and off-shore developers.
The project manager will be charged with managing our team of developers in Mumbai, India. The ideal candidate will have a PMP certification and experience in managing offshore teams delivering web based solutions built with Microsoft technology.
What the position entails:
• Work with clients to gather requirements
• Develop a thorough understanding of each clients' specific business needs
• Assist in gathering functional specifications
• Develop project plans for teams of 2 to 10 programmers
• Oversee the IT staff in India on a daily operational basis and delegate tasks
• Manage several projects of varying sizes at any given time
• Attend client meetings via Skype & GotoMeeting and act as company liaison to the client dealing with all issues that come up during the project lifecycle
• Monitor costs and milestones and take action where these deviate from client agreements
• Work from your home office
• Must have a PMP certification
• At least 8 years in the IT industry and minimum 4 years’ experience managing IT projects
• Must have excellent English, communication, organization and leadership skills
• Must have a background in software development with Microsoft Technologies: ASP.Net, VB.Net, C#, SQL Server and be able to talk intelligently with clients about technical issues.
• Must be located in the US, preferably in the eastern or central time zones to better overlap with our staff in India during morning hours
Please do not apply if you are not in the US.