Rapidly growing UK web host and Cloud computing company is looking for a public relations (PR) account manager to take on a broad base of ad hoc communication functions to help drive further expansion.
As the company is a specialist industry sector supplier, offering business-to-business (B2B) IT services, the role requires a depth of detail in many areas but this will vary depending on the type of media being targeted and the deadlines demanded.
1. Create database of all relevant media including tech, business, local, and vertical and across media types including blogs, online, print and broadcast.
2. Collate market research and industry analysis
3. Identify and plan media related events, conferences and meetings.
4. Manage speaking opportunities and awards programs.
5. Drafting and editing press releases and by-line articles to high standard consistent with company messaging and editorial guidelines.
6. Responding to enquiries from reporters.
7. Publicizing high-profile media coverage on company website and maintaining the PR site on company’s blog.
Please dont apply unless you have met AT LEAST four (4) of the following criteria
1. Bachelors degree in Communications or a related field.
2. Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant PR experience.
3. Demonstrated success in implementing media campaigns
4. Demonstrated track record of developing successful working relationships with reporters and bloggers (references required).
5. Experience in developing successful creative consumer campaigns.
6. Excellent written and oral communication skills (samples required).
7. Ability to manage multiple projects and demands at a time.
8. Excellent writing skills, with a high level of attention to detail.
Skills: research, analysis, communication-skills