DevFactory (formerly known as gDev) currently employs more than 500 remote global contractors and is the largest employer on oDesk.
DevFactory currently has hundreds of openings for a variety of different roles and hourly rates ranging from $2/hr to $30/hr. Our unique candidate qualification process allows us to hire candidates without an established odesk reputation. Completing the DevFactory qualification and testing process is great way for new global contractors to measure their skills against the rest of the global community and to begin to build a positive odesk feedback rating.
The DevFactory Technical Fellow role pays $30/hr ($1500 for successful delivery of the one week trial period assignment). Technical Fellows are assigned the most difficult tasks (usually tasks where our Software Engineers have been unable to make progress) across DevFactory's diverse product family and technology library. The role includes multi-VM virtual hardware architecture for cloud based computing, software performance optimization, and software engineering process design and management.
The requirements for a DevFactory Technical Fellow are the following:
* Experience - candidates must have more than 5 years experience in direct hands on coding culminating in a prior technical team leadership role.
* Software Engineering - candidates must be versed in current software development practices and tools including virtual environments, source control, remote development, issue tracking, build and test automation, and networking management.
* General Coding / Scripting - candidates must be experienced programmers in at least one of Java, C, .Net and have the programming foundations in order to rapidly learn languages and scripting.
* Differentiated Capability - candidates must be confident, dedicated, and capable enough to solve the technical challenges that standard software engineers cannot.
Qualified candidates lacking the experience or differentiated capability are still encouraged to apply for our Software Engineer position.
In addition, this role has the following non-technical requirements
* English - all candidates must be able to speak and write capably in English. English need not be the native first language, but it should be sufficient to enable technical discussion.
* Video - candidates must have the computer hardware and networking bandwidth to conduct a seamless video skype conversation for team communication. Ongoing use of webcam for odesk billing and skype video are required.
* Full Time - This job is only offered for a Full Time basis (40 hrs/wk).
Qualification for this role begins with an unpaid testing phase where candidates are required to provide verifiable identification, complete online skills testing, and attend a brief Skype video interview. The testing phase lasts for no more than a week, and highly motivated candidates can complete all requirements of the testing phase within a few hours.
Candidates who pass our testing phase will be offered a one week fixed price trial assignment. Candidates who successfully complete our trial assignment within the given time frame will be paid for 40 hours of work plus a bonus and be offered a full time 40 hrs/wk assignment at the jobs hourly rate. Those who show progress and dedication during the trial phase but fail to complete the assignment successfully may be offered an alternate position within DevFactory.
To apply for this position simply click "Yes, Accept Interview". DevFactory will make you $1 fixed price offer to begin the testing phase. Detailed instructions for completing the testing phase will be sent promptly upon your acceptance of the testing phase offer.