Electrical Estimator & Takeoff
Closed - This job posting has been filled.
Electrical estimating of multi-family and commercial electric systems. The successful candidate should be familiar with electrical estimating software i.e. ConEst or McCormick.
1. Calculate various statistical data - quantity take-offs, material price lists, labor costs per man hour, equipment, etc.
2. Assist with obtaining scopes of work and pricing from subcontractors and suppliers.
3. Assist in closing bids.
4. Research historical data (purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc.) and compile summary reports to develop guidelines and precedence for future estimates.
5. Participate in developing project update and bid package estimate documents.
6. Maintain files of working documents for back-up to estimating figures.
7. Assist in the monitoring of conceptual estimates with actual cost data.
8. Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
1. Candidates with Electrical Engineering or Construction Management degree or equivalent combinations of technical training plus a minimum of one year construction experience.
2. General knowledge of estimating techniques, cost control and material pricing required.
3. Ability to calculate mathematical extensions, read and understand engineering drawings, purchase orders, contracts, cost coding systems, etc. is essential.
4. Ability to assume responsibility and to interface and communicate effectively with others, have strong interpersonal skills and be self-motivated.
5. Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
All responses MUST state whether candidate has experience with electrical estimating software, i.e. ConEst or McCornmick, or Planswift. Additionally, please state what type of projects you have estimated in the past.
Skills: analysis, engineering, management, training