Overview: Develop a script operating in Google spreadsheet and Google Drive to distribute specific files (stored in Google Drive) to specific people (emails in a spreadsheet) based on a file name. Sounds a bit odd, but the file name will dictate who receives the file.
Details: Google spreadsheet contains a simple list of email names with associated numbers (like customer number or driver license, etc). The Google Drive contains a number of files named with the same numbers in the Google spreadsheet. We need to email (or grant limited access to) the appropriate file (matching the common number). An example of the Google Spreadsheet and file names are here: https://docs.google.com/spreadshee
Specifics of the file naming convention:
* The customer number are generally a four digit number. However, it may take these forms:
* 1234 - simple 4 digit (examples 5634, 0030, 9010)
* 1234a - same as above, where a single alpha character designates a different version of 1234 which also must be emailed (examples 9010c, 8524x)
* 1234-3333 - multiple numbers strung together separated by "-" (examples 2538-5323a-8523m, 0030d-4343y)
Other information and requirements:
1. Number of files: approximately 5000
2. Number of emails: rough estimate 2000-2500
3. File sizes range from 0.5mb to 6mb
4. Files can not be shared with others (eg. we must limit access to the files)
5. The contents of the file has no commercial value
6. The email list is confidential
7. The email will include simple HTML (picture, logo, link to web page, etc)
* There are probably multiple means to accomplish the same result. I'm open to alternatives that are easier to develop.
* File naming convention is open to change. It may be possible to specify all numbers consist of four digits and one alpha - if this would make programming easier (example ####A, 1234d, 4567z, 9876f)
* One email may receive more than one file. This may be accomplished by 1) one individual email with multiple attachment (preferred) or 2) multiple emails (to keep it simple)
* This is important - Instead of emailing files, it may be easier to grant access to a file(s) by emailing a link. In google drive this accomplished using Share Settings.
* The system should be operational in next two weeks
* If your solution requires a third party server, I would prefer AWS and your price must include setting this project up on my server.
* If your solution requires a web page, your price must include setting this project up on my web page.
* Please do not repeat the above in your proposal.
* Please ask questions, make suggestions - this shows you're interested, your analytically skills, you understand and are engaged.
* This is the initial phase and there may be additional work to add more functionality (but this would be less technically challenging work)
Thanks for your interest.