3D Engineering Conversion Consultant for Fast Growing Tech Manufacturer
Rapidly growing tech firm with an Inc. 30 Under 30 CEO seeks a highly talented and detail oriented individual to scope and manage the conversion of our organization from engineering in 2D (AutoCAD) to engineering in 3D (using either Autodesk Inventor or Solid Works) for sheet metal fabrication. We have consistently doubled the size of our organization each year since we began doing business 5 years ago and are projecting to triple or quadruple in size this year alone. We are looking for dynamic individuals to help make this happen and there is a possibility of long term growth with our organization for talented individuals who are willing to go the extra mile for us.
Responsibilities for this job include (but are not limited to):
1. Review and discuss existing project scope with our Engineering Project Lead and Project Managers.
2. Prepare detailed scope of all tasks required to convert the organization from 2D to 3D and review with our Engineering Project Lead and Project Managers.
3. Assign timelines with project milestones and completion dates based on discussions with our Engineering Project Lead and Project Managers.
4. Assist in the hiring selection and testing process of 3-5 independent contractors on oDesk to convert all existing 2D drawings to 3D.
5. Manage and review the work of 3-5 oDesk contractors that will be assisting with converting the drawings from 2D to 3D. Approximately 2,500 drawings will need to be converted.
6. Assist with the implementation of the 3D system as needed.
7. Assist with 3D training for the existing in-house Engineering staff.
8. Be on call for support for our team as needed during the project period. This includes responses within 2 hours or less to all requests made during business hours and responses first thing in the morning the next business day to all requests made after business hours.
The overall timeline for this project is 1-3 months but we are looking for the scope to be finalized within one week of hire and to have the 2D/3D engineering contractors hired within 2-3 weeks to get started on converting files as soon as possible.
Required Skills and Experience
1. 5+ years of experience engineering for sheet metal fabrication in 2D and 3D using AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor, and Solid Works.
2. 5+ years of experience in the sheet metal fabrication industry.
3. Experienced in converting 2D engineering files to 3D.
4. Experienced in implementing engineering platforms.
5. Able to communicate quickly and effectively via Skype.
6. Fluent in the English language, both in writing and verbally.
7. Extremely detail oriented.
8. Very fast.
10. Available 20 hours per week or more as needed between the hours of 7am and 4pm EST, Monday through Friday.
11. Available to start right away.
12. Have a minimum of 500 hours billed through oDesk with a feedback score of 4.5 stars or higher.
1. Native of the United States. (Close proximity to Phoenix, AZ a plus!)
2. 5+ years of experience managing a team of 5 or more engineers.
3. 10+ years of experience in sheet metal engineering.
4. Experience training engineers in 3D engineering systems.
5. Experience converting organizations from 2D to 3D engineering systems.
6. Experience managing engineering server/database organization.
7. Experience hiring and managing contractors on oDesk.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please address your application to Jessica with the phrase “I’ll take you from 2D to 3D in no time!” in the heading.
Please also include the following in your application:
1. Samples of your engineering drawings in 2D and 3D
2. A summary of your experience with sheet metal fabrication engineering, including
a. Projects you’ve completed in this field
b. Companies you’ve worked for in this field
c. Education in this field
d. Years of experience in this field
3. A summary of your 2D and 3D engineering experience using AutoCAD, AutoDesk, and SolidWorks, including
a. Years of experience using each program
b. Experience using each program for 2D and 3D engineering
c. Any experience converting organizations from 2D to 3D engineering
d. Which of these programs you personally recommend for 3D engineering for sheet metal fabrication and why
4. A summary of your engineering management experience (or management experience in general)
5. Any other relevant information based on the position description above
Please note that failure to follow the application instructions will result in the dismissal of your application.
In order to be hired, you will be required to sign a Non-Disclosure and Intellectual Property Assignment Agreement.
We look forward to your application!
Jessica Williams | Executive Assistant to CEO
Skills: engineering, training, english, management, autodesk-autocad