AFCT is a Certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small BUsiness located in historic Fredericksburg, VA. We are looking for a part to full-time Staff Accountant/Bookkeeper. Hours are flexible; will accommodate school schedules.
MUST be a US Citizen and MUST have or be able to obtain a Secret-level clearance with a US Government Agency and pass position of trust, credit, and criminal verification background checks. STRONG preference given to residents of zip code 22401.
Skills & Qualifications
A successful candidate will possess the following:
• Four year college degree, or current student
• Minimum of 3 years experience in financial management with a government contractor
• Background knowledge of Federal Contracts to include: FFP, CPFF, T&M, GSA, and IDIQ Contracts.
• Working knowledge of accounting guidelines in accordance with GAAP, CAS, and FAR requirements.
• Working knowledge of DCAA guidelines
• Experience with payroll operations and ADP system experience
• Strong competency in Quickbooks including Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable
• Strong competency in Microsoft Office including Outlook and Excel
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction
• Focus on operational improvement and the ability to pro-actively define continuous process improvements
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task and perform in a fast paced work environment to meet deadlines
• High level of integrity and dependability; ability to handle and maintain sensitive information with the highest level of confidentiality
• Strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
• Positive outlook and problem-solving attitude
• Excellent communication skills
• Main responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Prepare invoices and verify that internal processes are followed to include the proper coding and approval of invoices, including subcontractor hours reconciliation.
• Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements and reports to assess accuracy and completeness.
• Monitor and assist with time entry and ensure proper cost allocation and entry to the accounting system.
• Monitor Accounts Receivable and take steps necessary to obtain payment including resubmitting data and providing necessary information to support prompt payment
• Reconcile and manage all staff credit cards, which include ensuring staff compliance with internal financial reporting standards
• Manage the employee expense reimbursement process
• Manage the government reimbursable travel in compliance with external requirements such as DCAA and GSA guidelines
• Maintain Journal Entries as needed
• Perform monthly bank reconciliations and account transfers
• Provide support for processing payroll
• Assist in various operational and administrative tasks
• Coordination with Company’s CPA firm for audits and tax preparations
• Assist with external audits by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts; providing information for auditors
• Assist with monthly closing of the books, the preparation of balance sheet, profit and loss statements, monthly management reports and other supplemental information
• Respond to inquiries from internal and external clients, vendors and management to facilitate resolution of discrepancies and provide guidance accordingly
• Work on special projects as assigned such as supporting improvement initiatives for financial controls; ensuring internal controls and confidentiality are established, maintained and revised as appropriate, monitor procedural systems; identifies issues/weaknesses with financial processes to recommend changes and/or improvements, etc.
• Drive continuous improvement in areas such as expense management, financial analysis, and reporting, and systems infrastructure, while standardizing business processes and streamlining and improving business performance