Build Bigbluebutton .81 Development Server, and make simple client changes.
This is a test/learning project to assess individual's base technical skills, and ability to solve technical problems as needed to accomplish end tasks. Successful completion of task may result in longer term well paying assignments for the right individuals. No prior BBB experience is needed but you need a broad set of skills. If you don't know what VI is STOP here.
Check out http://www.bigbluebutton.org for more info.
A detailed set of instructions will be provided at start of project. Depending on your current skill set this initial task could take between 2-10hrs. It is expected candidate will use online documentation and various forums as needed to finish. The project pays %100 on successful completion, and %50 dollars at end of project if not completed and some progress has been made.
The basic task is:
1) Given a minimal Ubuntu 10.04 64bit server, install .081 dev server from source following given instructions.
2) Make basic client changes to standard theme, changing colors, favicon, deskshare graphics and URLs, and copyright.
3) HARD PART: Eliminate the the initial blue flash on loading.
4) After fully testing changes, move binaries to production system.
5) Submit source changes to GIT repository.
6) Complete the task within 5 days of starting.
As this is a learning project, the server and work will not be used by customer. Successful completion of task may result in longer term well paying assignments for the right individuals.