Slovenian Contributor Lead
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
One of the largest employers in oDesk currently needs a SLOVENIAN speaker for the Slovenian Contributor Lead position. The chosen candidate will be handling a team of specialists working on enhancing data in a large knowledge base of international topics. Initially, starting as an apprentice, the selected person will undergo a certification program for the Contributor Lead position.
As a Contributor Lead (CL) you will own and drive data projects and provide leadership for a group of international contributors. You will be responsible for the overall planning, execution and success of the projects. In this role you will need to pay attention to details, have superior time management skills and be able to juggle multiple projects while meeting strict deadlines. You will perform a variety of tasks, coordinating all resources, setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities and monitoring, summarizing and communicating the progress of the project.
* Run projects on a day-to-day basis.
* Monitor and report on progress of the projects.
* Efficiently and competently manage issues and problems.
* Conduct performance evaluations.
* Develop and write guidelines for data projects.
* Train new contributors.
* BS degree preferred with a strong academic record.
* Must be fluent in English
* At least 1 year experience in a lead and/or managerial capacity.
* Experience with research and data entry projects.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Good analytic and problem-solving skills with an aptitude for technical concepts
* History of successful project management engagements.
* Able to learn and apply new technologies.
- pass the oDesk Readiness Test for Independent Contractors;
- pass the oDesk U.S./U.K. English Basic Skills Test;
- attach their most recent resume.
Preliminary questions (please include the answers when submitting your application):
1. Have you ever worked in a Team Lead or Project Manager role? Tell us a bit about this experience.
2. Describe the project or situation that best demonstrates your analytic abilities. What was your role?
3. Using a specific example, tell us how you kept those involved in your projects informed of the progress.
4. What languages do you speak? (self-assess: reading, writing, listening and speaking capabilities)
5. What are your regular work commitments? How many hours do these commitments take in a day?
The selection and screening process requires potential candidates to undergo a series of online evaluations to gauge their fit for the position. Upon successful completion of the evaluation exercises and interviews with us, the selected candidate will be hired and paid hourly for this long term project.