Our company, a French based is looking for an experienced Android App Developer to develop a standalone Android application from scratch.
The application is 100% similar to an existing iPhone application, which is available as specification.
The application has approximately 30 screens (from which 2 are a bit more complex).
The main functionalities of the application are:
- View departure schedule at selected stop
- View nearest stops on a map
- Transit route planning: display the resulting itinerary (in text mode and on a map)
- Display transit network as a PDF
For most functionalities, a webservice (REST API, XML/HTTP) is provided.
Main development tasks:
- Application domain model
- Service layer:
- Webservice proxy
- Presentation layer:
- Menus, forms, etc...
- Interactive map
- Layout/style for each screen
- Application-wide style configuration (colors, images)
- Persistence layer
- User-preferences storage
- Development environment setup
- Maven plugin
- RCS integration
- In-line code comments/documentation
The developer will be provided with:
- A detailed specification of the application
- An existing iPhone application as an example
- Specifications of available web-services (with access to live API)
- Support from our development team
- A proposed architecture / class model
- Coding style
The acceptance criteria will be done after peer review and testing.
The source code will be made available on a version control system (mercurial / bitbucket)
The preferred development environment is Eclipse.
The developper will have to follow a strict architectural design. (very important)
The ideal developer has:
- Strong experience in Android application development
- Experience with Google Maps development
- Experience with XML web-services development
- Good knowledge of Object Oriented development and design
- Has a good command of English (or French)
Please check the reference iphone application ( https://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/ch
and reply with an estimate of time and cost.
References and/or previous development work (with partial source code under NDA) will be provided.