Software Development Engineer; Product Marketing and Web Design
Who we are:
Powa Technologies—featured in TechCrunch, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Bloomberg, the Financial Times, BBC, the Economist, and lauded by British Prime Minister David Cameron—closed a $76MM Series A financing round this August. (http://tcrn.ch/157ctFk)
We are a British payments disruptor with the world’s smallest, EMV mobile payment device servicing the world’s largest retailers, blue-chip banks, and telcos. Founded by serial entrepreneur Dan Wagner, we have pioneered SaaS e-Commerce for 16 years. Our customers include Barclays, Jimmy Choo, De Beers, Condé Nast, BBC, Universal Group, Sharp, JVC, Arsenal Football, Hoover, Tesco, and the largest retailer in Asia.
What we want:
We are building a MVP—Minimally Viable Product (iOS Tablet App)—in the payments space. Currently in stealth mode, this app with additional hardware will be used by top retailers, luxury hospitality, and hyper-marts, globally. Join our team to impact purchasing for millions. We want the best talent.
Some of our competitors are all marketing and no business plan. We’re fortunate to understand a fantastic user experience and eye-candy underpin repeat sales. Our General Manager is ex-agency and a closet graphics designer: he’s looking for people to challenge his obsession to detail. PMM analysts own the customer’s first impression and compete with our SDEs and engineers to “run this joint.”
• Experience software development at leading companies
• Top-notch current software development skills including Java, Objective-C, C and/or C++
• Deep familiarity with Cocoa, Cocoa Touch and other SDKs for mobile app development
• Master of Apple’s development tools and development environments
• Strong product sense and the ability to own large areas of product design and usability
• Degree in Computer Science
• Ruby or Python
• Securing content on mobile devices
• Content encoding
• Multi-tier web applications
• Extensive knowledge of iOS and Android
• Own the aesthetic and business sense to guide our sales teams through the value-add of our products, painfully create the collateral and manuals—rejoice at them being used
• Scope competitors’ profitable features, leverage market knowledge for A/B testing and localization, develop lightning fast processes for design to reach global sales
• Direct SDEs, UI/UX artists, and Engineers on C-Level requirements, reach dual-win compromises from software, hardware, and business development
• Portfolio showing proven ability in iconography, artwork in commercial products, ability to dabble in flat design vs. skeumorphs (iOS7).
• Advanced with Photoshop and Illustrator, CAD skills a plus
• Ability to design layout/UI storyboards and process flow charts
• Excellent eye for colour, shape, composition, and iconography
• Prior UI design experience or ambition to learn quickly
• Ability to work on tight timescales and communicate requirements effectively
• Experience with design and prototyping tools such as Visio, Omnigraffle, Flash, Adobe Creative Suite, HTML/CSS/JS.
• JSON experience a plus.
• Design, code, test and deploy web site updates and enhancements
• Interpret and implement website design with attention to user-experience best practices and in accordance with usability standards
• Develop prototypes and wireframes of website structure and functionality
• Create web pages, templates, and functionality using core technologies
• Create and modify clean, well-structured, standards-compliant code
• Assist with updates to the content, structure and functionality of existing websites
• Experience with jQuery
• Ability to write high-performance, reusable code
• Experience with tempting systems and/or WordPress theming
• Experience with a CSS framework such as Sass/SCSS a huge plus
• Responsive/mobile web development experience a plus
• Multi-tier web applications
• Previous internship/ work experience required
• English fluency will be tested during interview
Good luck and we hope to see you soon.