Automatically check when we got a response to an email in Gmail
We need to figure whether or not certain email recipients ever responded to our emails. We also need to know when their last response was.
We need a script/utility that will check our Gmail history and find this information.
Basically, we need to automate the currently manual process described below.
TO APPLY, YOU MUST COMPLETE AN APPLICATION TEST. THE APPLICATION TEST IS TO WRITE A SCRIPT THAT AUTOMATICALLY COMPLETES THE PROCESS BELOW.
DESCRIPTION OF THE MANUAL PROCESS THAT NEEDS TO BE AUTOMATED:
We are in contact with many schools by email, and we want to find out if we need to follow up on any conversations. To find conversations that we must follow up on, we need to find instances where we've sent an email to a school and the school didn't respond.
1. Click this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0wta6pd
2. Download the package. It contains two files.
3. Open the file called "Odesk instructions for checking if a school has responded to us". Read these instructions carefully. These are the instructions for the project. (Note that the password has changed; it's now odesktemppassword.)
4. Open the file called "School expansion - check if school has responded". This is where you'll enter your results.
5. COMPLETE THE FIRST 25 ROWS IN THE EXCEL SPREADSHEET (IN EACH SHEET).
6. When the script finishes going through the first 25 rows in each sheet, send me the completed Excel spreadsheet, along with any notes or questions. My email address: email@example.com