We are looking for hands-on people who want to help create a new scalable backend system to support our fast growing Social Discovery platform. Ideal candidates will enjoy designing and implementing systems that scale seamlessly with hundreds of millions of users that decide to join or platform.
We will have deployments on the cloud and will have to create a scalable architecture and manage to keep our service running fluently on a daily basis. Ideal candidates will enjoy the thrill of streamlining and supporting the larger scale we'll grow to in the future. The service we are offering to event organizers and consumers represents a unique opportunity to scale a system to hundreds of millions of people while working in a tight-knit team of fewer than a dozen engineers. Our back-end system will both be accessed by our own front end clients and via managed 3rd party applications that access the API you defined.
An international company offering a new Social Discovery Platform that allows its users to explore, collect and put multimedia items into online collections, offers others to explore and using a comparative voting system filters out the most interesting collections and items. The platform is aimed at the general public, event organizers, sports clubs, cultural & historical organizations and companies to launch their new products.
What will you be doing?
As a first assignment, you will completely review the current architecture and advice and put into practise the necessary changes to support the go-live of our service for an important client. Meanwhile, you will be constantly creating solutions for increasingly vast amounts of data and requests from the different client applications (web, IOS, mobile web, 3rd party…). You should get excited about designing this robust software architecture, describe clear and well defined API’s for 3rd party developers to download and use, exploring and implementing sharding schemes and other data storage strategies and mostly get thrilled when having an opportunity to dig in and hack yourself in the platform or other systems. You will be deploying monitoring solutions that help identify and solve system performance bottlenecks. As a small team, we all take part in on-call rotation.
Information and Requirements
• A university degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar field, including a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals.
• An entrepreneurial attitude that gets high-quality projects done quickly.
• Extensive experience with system-level tools for debugging.
• Experience working with large clusters of machines.
• Scripting experience for automation of tasks.
• Understanding and experience of security of systems and networking.
• 5+ years of hands-on .NET development experience with C# and.NET 3.5/4.0,
• Extensive experience with Visual studio 2008/2010,
• Extensive experience with SQL Server 2005/2008 and database design concepts,
• Experience with JQuery, Java Script,
• Experience with UML and its relevant develop mode,
• Ability to set priorities to meet time-sensitive project deadlines,
• Ability to work without constant supervision as a top performer in a fast-paced environment,
• Must be innovative and willing to seek out creative solutions to new challenges,
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment,
• Ability to design and document complete solutions,
• Excellent follow-up and follow-through skills,
• Very Good listening, written, verbal English, and communication skills.