Senior Web Developer with Expert Level of PHP & MySQL
Closed - This job posting has been filled.
We have an immediate need to hire a senior web developer who has 10+ years of PHP experience who can take over as the lead developer of an existing CMS.
**About the CMS:
- Custom multi-site installer & launcher
- Developed in PHP & Smarty; MySQL
- Custom Admin interface used to log into all sites
- Shared global code across all sites, with customer template code for individual web sites
- Current software powers over 400 clients (mostly governmental and non-profits)
- Hosted on Plesk 11.5
- Must have 10+ experience in PHP web development
- Able to troubleshoot difficult technical issues that can affect hundreds of users across varying operating systems and browser versions
- Must have optimal level of written English to understand project requirements
- Receiving support tickets from our Project Management or Support Staff to add/edit/fix a customer's request
- On-going bug fixes
- Implement enhancements to existing CMS
- Turn for bug fixed expected to be within 24 hrs 7 days a week for minor bug fixes.
- Management of bug fixing will be managed through JIRA to provide optimal SLA for our government clients.
**Development of new version of CMS (expected launch date Summer 2015):
- Extensive experience in Agile development
- Suggest the architectural design of the future version of the CMS based on customers needs and latest industry trends in the U.S. government sector
- Collaborate with business owner to define the technology needed to implement the newest software version
- Weekly collaboration via email and Project Management software (Teamwork.com)
- Some Skype collaboration, when necessary
- Must use a private distributed repository (Bitbucket and Git or Mercurial) with one branch for Development, a 2nd branch for Testing/Staging, and a 3rd branch used for Live/Production
- Bug fixed will be managed through JIRA
This is for an on-going position within our company. You may qualify for this based on your technical skills and merits, but you _will be hired based on your personality_! We're looking for somebody who integrates well with the rest of us!
Our project management and support team (also hired through oDesk) have almost two years of continuous employment with our company. We have a great corporate culture and a relaxed working atmosphere, where we all work virtual, but stay connected with each other through the on-going project work. The company's goal is to make the lives of our 400+ clients easier. We do this by working together for this common goal, where each of us contribute toward our customers' success.
In order to apply for this position, please include the words "odesk rocks!" in your cover letter. All applicants who do not include this will be eliminated immediately. Your attention to detail is very important.
Other open jobs by this client
- Fixed-Price – PSD Wordpress Theme (Genesis & Dynamik)