DDJ Music provides a contemporary instrumental music program to schools across greater Brisbane. We are currently looking for experienced instrumentalists with a passion for music and a gift for teaching to join our team and implement our program at our schools.
The successful applicant MUST hold a current ‘Working with Children Check’ blue card (or is willing to immediately obtain one), have a relevant bachelor degree from an accredited university and possess a current driver’s licence as some travel is required.
DDJ instrumental teachers’ responsibilities include:
- Being proficient in and able to confidently teach at least one instrument including (but not limited to) guitar, piano/keyboard, ukulele, percussion, strings, brass and woodwind instruments – proficiency in multiple instruments is an advantage.
- Delivery of lesson programs to students in group, paired and private settings.
- Performing communicative duties with parents of the students .
- Performing administrative requirements eg. report cards, lesson planning notes.
- Maintaining a mature and focused attitude at all times and ensuring close contact is kept with the DDJ administration team.
As an experienced Instrumental Teacher you will have several years’ experience in similar positions/roles. A proactive, customer oriented approach is required as is an ability to teach independently and become an active member of the client’s community. So if you are looking for a role that will provide flexibility as well as a sense of achievement while working in a great industry with a unique and personable business then please forward us your resume.
Skills: teaching, guitar, piano, administration