We are a small telecom company in NYC focusing on voice and data services for customers, primarily small businesses. We are looking to hire a flex time engineer to meet the telecom demands of our customers.
The following skills/experience are required:
• Dell PowerConnect 3524/3548 CLI
• Linux routing/NAT/firewalling (iproute2, iptables)
• WiFi access point configuration and management (Ubiquiti UniFi and/or others)
• Logical-level network inspection and troubleshooting with Wireshark
• Physical-level network troubleshooting to resolve cabling problems
• DHCP configuration
• Name server configuration (BIND, dnsmasq)
• OpenVPN configuration
• Management of ISP relationships
• BGP and OSPF a big plus
• IP phone experience (provisioning, troubleshooting) desired
• Knowledge of and experience with Freeswitch are desired
• Understanding of and experience with RAID in servers
• Hardware assembly experience or enthusiasm a plus
Applicants will be interviewed via Skype and daily check-ins are necessary, but as performance is demonstrated, we are willing to let you have the freedom of flex-time on your own schedule.
Competitive compensation with benefits.