DESCRIPTION of ROLE:
Complete full life cycle recruiting: sourcing, pre-screening, phone interviews & assessments, rejection and offer letters, selection, compensation negotiations, reference checks and on-boarding activities [P/T non-exempt employees with a min of 3, and max of 10 hours a week in the educational services industry - PK to Middle School students will be taught S.T.E.M concepts through project based learning. See job posting for candidates you would need to recruit and hire: http://www.engineeringforkids.net/
Develop creative recruiting sourcing strategies and proactively build a robust pipeline of diverse talent of P/T school year and school break (i.e. summer and spring break) employees (instructors), including active and passive candidate sourcing, cold calling, university, and internet based sourcing (to name a few).
Drive employee brand management.
May lead to initial training as well (phone/virtual) - policies, and possibly what to expect, classroom management, and how to prepare for classes.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQ'D:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 5+ years’ experience in recruiting or similar role, educational or student intern recruiting experience preferred
• Experience recruiting teachers or college students (undergrads or grad. students) a plus.
• Outstanding phone interview (and in-person interview) skills are critical; must be able to discern core competencies as they relate to the position requirements in order to evaluate and refer the best of the best to hiring managers
• Must be a proactive thinker and constantly think ahead to better serve our customers
• Must be willing to accept changes of direction in work and priorities with a positive attitude
• Intermediate skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google email (gmail) and Google Docs/Forms
• Prior experience with applicant tracking systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Ability to multi-task, i.e. manage multiple priorities with similar deadlines
• Ability to work with a sense of urgency and efficiency
• Must be detail-oriented and extremely organized