Hotel Website with Wordpress as CMS
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
We are looking for someone to convert new designs by our in-house graphic designer for one of our websites into a Wordpress website.
Our company is a large tour operator primarily focussed on ski holidays to Japan with offices in 3 countries. We also manage holiday apartments and houses.
The website for this project is to promote one of our premium condominium complexes. The current website was developed 5yrs ago and is extremely basic. It needs to be upgraded to better present the building to prospective customers. We are also in the process of developing an online booking system that will eventually be integrated into all of our websites, including this one, in the near future.
The successful applicant will need to:
- Setup Wordpress on our current host, GoDaddy.
- Setup a temporary home page to indicate a new website is in development.
- Convert our PSD designs into a custom Wordpress theme.
- Create all pages for the website based on the Word docs and images that we will provide. At this stage we estimate there will be approximately 15 pages of content including the home page. This number may be subject to change.
- Create a simple booking enquiry form to automatically email our consultants until our online booking engine is ready.
- Setup relevant site SEO plugins and XML site maps for Google and other search engines.
- Connect to our Google Analytics account.
- Develop the site for smartphones and tablet devices.
- Cut and resize photos for the website in Photoshop or similar.
The website will need to look great on smartphones and tablet devices as well as PCs. Whether this is done using responsive design methods or by developing a specific mobile mini site we will be swayed by the developer's recommendations. More than a third of our existing and target market now uses Apple products for browsing the web so the website will need to be compatible with Safari on both Mac and iOS in addition to Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox.
We will have completed our designs and content within the next week or so and would like the successful applicant to be able to start the development on or around April 8th, 2013. Ideally the website would be up and running by no later than April 26th, 2013.