Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
I am looking for a strong website developer to work with me on a fairly steady flow of projects. I am looking to build a long term relationship with the right developer but I must be clear. This is not a full time assignment. Projects tend to come in on an irregular basis.
Here are the skills you will need to bring to these projects:
1. HTML / HTML5
5. Joomla Templating
6. Wordpress Templating
7. Module and Plugin development
8. Shopping cart implementations
9. Frameworks for both Desktop and Mobile platforms
I tend to work with everyone involved in my projects as member of a team and as such I need people that are very good and consistent about communicating progress, issues, offering suggestions for improvements / solutions and more. I am not just looking for someone that can simply code. I am looking for someone that can help make projects better and will work hard to bring them in on time and on budget as they do the required coding.
I am also looking for someone that can communicate reasonably well in English, both chat and voice, with an active Skype account (my communication platform of choice).
Projects normally follow a set series of steps as follows:
1. I produce a detailed PSD that sets out the design of the site, I work with the client to refine and approve this design. This design becomes the basis for the development stage but is not cast in stone. If, as a team, we find opportunities to make improvements or discover issues that require change, it is always possible to adjust the design at the start of a project.
2. I share the approved design with you the developer and ask you to return two things to me. First is an estimate of time required to complete the development and second, to identify any issues / plugins / modules that will either need to be acquired or created to make the project work.
3. Either the developer or I set up a development environment that all of the work will be developed in.
4. We communicate daily to track progress and to test the various elements as they become available. I also share this with the client at an appropriate point in the development so they can participate in the testing phase.
5. Once the work is completed we work together to package the site and install it in its final live environment.
There are two critical things in our working relationship that will determine whether this is a long term working partnership or one that doesn't last through the end of the first project.
1. When you give me an estimate on time I expect you to stick to that estimate. I do understand that there are times when projects will run over but the instances of that happening should be rare and when they do happen it certainly shouldn't be for significant periods of time. By that I mean overruns should not exceed 20% unless there is a very good and agreed reason.
2. If a project is going to run over the estimate it has to be communicated to me early. I detest surprises and so do my clients. It should always be possible to identify when additional time will be required and to communicate with me early in those rare cases.
The quickest way to have your assignment terminated, to earn a negative review of your work and to ensure you never get any additional work from me is to fail on either of these points so please take care before you bid on this assignment. I am very fair but also very firm.
I will only entertain bids from those that have read this job posting in its entirety. You can prove that you did by giving me the results a search in Google.co.uk.
Tell me the position of "Manuel Antonio Costa Rica - Resorts, Fishing & Nature Tours" when you search for "Manuel Antonio" .
This relationship will start with a few minor modifications to the site you identified in the search. It will be a paid test that will help determine how well we work together.
My target price is $8.00 per hour. If you expect more than that you will have to convince me why you are worth more and then we can talk.
Skills: english, design, test