We are a small software development company that produces apps for iOS, Mac, Android and WP7. We have a little bit of experience using OCR technology however we have neither the time or resources necessary to complete the required project, thats where you come in!
Basically we want to create a simple image/document scanner application for iPhone that utilises the technology contained in the OCR and text to speech API's. There are numerous examples of these apps online such as Genius Scan, Scanner Pro and Cam Scanner. I would highly recommend potential candidates check these apps out.
Essentially we want the user to be able to scan any real world image or document and have the ability to:
• Combine multiple scans together to create PDF documents.
• Simple image/document manipulation such as colour adjustments, crop, rotate etc
• OCR image to text translation which allows the user to edit the text if the translation isn't perfect.
• Include access to the speech to text api so the translated text can be read aloud using the built in functionality of iOS.
• The user should also be able to share these documents via email, FB, Twitter and print via Apples AirPrint API.
• Also upload these documents to Google Docs, Evernote, Dropbox and have future previsions for iCloud integration (iPad and Mac apps.)
The budget for this app is $500 ($200 upfront and the remaining $300 on completion)
The app must written in native objective C and be compliant for submission to the iTunes App Store and must be iOS 6 compatible.
We will supply all graphics & links for the project. Both for older iPhone 640x960 resolutions and the new iPhone 5 640 x 1136 resolutions.
If your actually serious about completing this project please include the words "imnotarobot" in your application.
We want to complete this application as quickly as possible so if your interested please let me know asap and il send you through some mockups and more detailed instructions.
Skills: pdf, twitter, ipad