Darshika Jayapala, As an Quality Assurance Lead with approximately 8+ years experience in software Quality Assurance, Quality Control and Test Automation. With such a wealth of industry knowledge, Darshika is a specialist who is adept at envisioning practical testing solution
Darshika Jayapala, As an Quality Assurance Lead with approximately 8+ years experience in software Quality Assurance, Quality Control and Test Automation. With such a wealth of industry knowledge, Darshika is a specialist who is adept at envisioning practical testing solution architectures, problem-solving diagnostics and peer mentoring.
At present employer (Navantis Inc.), Darshika focuses on the Test automation, Quality Assurance & Quality Control activities and Load/Performance Testing. Darshika also has excellent oral and written communication skills, strong analytical skills, and possesses the ability to transform concepts into working models and product solutions. His ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities makes him an ideal candidate in cross functional roles.
During his tenure at Navantis Inc., Darshika was involved in multiple organizational and projects related engagements providing his contributions in the field of software Quality Assurance.
• Darshika involved in the development of a SharePoint2010 applications such as CBC (http://www.cbcshop.ca), Hydro One Plugin Portal(http://www.hydroone.com/Pages/Default.aspx), Nexen - Manage File Transfer Portal, VON Canada – Community Caregiver Portal(http://www.von.ca/en/caregiver-connect/home/default.aspx), etc....by conducting test planning, designing, executing designed tests, managing defects and reporting test results.
• Darshika contributed by planning, creating, running VS 2010 performance test for numerous projects such as VON Canada – Community Caregiver Portal, CritiCall BRCMS Application, McCain Tradespend Portal, Fujitsu ATOMS Portal, Honda.ca product Portal, etc...
• Darshika contributed by planning, creating, running VS 2010 coded UI test scripts for numerous projects such as Project Centre Portal, CritiCall PCCRT Application, Hydro One Portal, Ontario Hospital Association (OHA) Portal, OCAS User Permission Matrix, Hydro One WCM Portal and eReferrals Patient Referral Software project, etc....
• Darshika involved in the testing of CRM 4.0 applications especially for OCAS Portal by conducting test execution, managing defects and reporting test results.
• Further Darshika contributed by using Team Foundation Server 2010 to track traceability across requirements to bugs, test cases and automated test scripts through all above project engagements.
• Darshika contributed by planning, creating, running TestComplete7 - 9 test scripts for numerous projects such as AECL CWIS, AECL Wolsong, Honda Calculator Portal, CBCShop.ca Portal, CBC Education Portal, City of Sudbury Portal and GRMG Reporting Solution projects.
• Darshika actively involved in implementing the Navantis Test Automation Framework (NTAFv2.1) using Visual Studio 2010 / 2012 by planning, designing and scripting NTAF plugin core modules and features.
• Darshika contributed in Customer Support Service (CSS) unit as a team QA Lead by establishing and improving processes related to test estimation, manages builds/deployment tracking, performing manual testing as well as automated testing and incorporating team communication.
• Further Darshika contributed in Navantis Test Automation Team by leading and managing automation team in Sri Lanka. Moreover, he contributed to establish robust processes in order to achieve set of quality objectives at project level and organizational level.
• Darshika was also involved in organizational process improvement activities such as Project Auditing, creating process related artifacts, etc.., which runs according to CMMI level 3 standards from 2009. Furthermore, Darshika fully contributed as a CMMI Appraiser in Navantis final CMMI quality assessment conducted by QAI in 2009.
Quality Assurance Expertise
• Project Requirements - gathering, assessment, analysis
• Test Planning and Preparation Test Plan Reports.
• Project Test Case Preparation and Management.
• Project Manual Testing & Reporting.
• Project Defect Management.
• Project Test Automation Planning and Execution.
• Project Performance Test Planning and Execution.
• Project Quality Assurance –Leadership Activities.
• Technical /QA Documentation.
• CMMI Process Improvement activities
• Coding languages – C, C#, Visual Studio 2010 and HTML
• SQL languages – Oracle, SQL
• Scripting languages – VB Script
Application Servers + QA Tools
• SharePoint Portal Server 2010
• Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
• Microsoft Visual Studio 2010/ 2012 – Team Tester
• Microsoft Team Foundation System - 2010/2012
• SQL Server and Reporting Services
• Test Complete V7, V8