I am an experienced programmer & system Administrator with expertise in high performance system infrastructure, customized deployment solutions, configuration management, monitoring, python , Django development, REST based backend systems and related infrastructure support. I am in process of becoming Official Amazon
I am an experienced programmer & system Administrator with expertise in high performance system infrastructure, customized deployment solutions, configuration management, monitoring, python , Django development, REST based backend systems and related infrastructure support. I am in process of becoming Official Amazon Provider Network Member - Consulting Partner [https://aws.amazon.com/partners/overview/consulting-partner/].
1. Created an infrastructure with over 4000 servers (physical as well as cloud servers aws, rackspace and go grid) distributed in 4 regions , implemented monitoring, ha, replication, configuration management. Recruited a team of 3 sys admin's , trained them and supported platform 24/7 with 3 engineers.
2. Have worked with several technologies and scaled it for high volume with massive cost savings.
3. Created a unified platform to interact with multiple public clouds. ( aws, go grid , rackspace with custom python based system)
4. Designed a geo-distributed, full tolerant with a SLA of 99.99999 deployment and deployed it using Amazon Cloud, Rackspace Cloud,gofrid cloud and on physical servers
5. Designed a scalable storage system using open source and commodity hardware.
I have managed large (4000+) servers for my employers and clients, which include GE, Wipro, Lehman Brothers & Glam Media. I have managed IT security for GE and banking sectors (built a DC and developer shop for Lehman brothers in china). I now offer remote system management consultancy and training services. I have attached my linked in profile and references if you need them.
I have designed, developed and maintained large scaling, load-balanced and redundant infrastructure for many clients.
Most of the infrastructure I have designed are,
• fully automated (saltstack/puppet and deployment via various code deployment tools integrated with git or subversion)
• auto-scale (on demand scaling)
• auto-heal and auto curate
• fully load-balanced
• in required cases geo-distributed
• Monitored with custom performance plugins, logstash, nagios, check_mk, zenoss
This infrastructure architecture and deployments were in different environments
• Dedicated servers at various isps
• Virtualized Environment (Xen, KVM, VMware and others)
• Public cloud: Amazon, Rackspace, GoGrid, and others
• Private Cloud:= openstack
Different Business Verticals,
• Social Application (www.ning.com )
• Big Data Analysis and Analytics
• Media (audio and video)
• Online Advertising
• BPO / KPO
Web Servers (Apache, lighttpd, Nginx, Cherokee)
Load Balancers (HAProxy, Nginx, Pound, LVS, balance, Varnish, Zeus Load Balancer)
Ruby on Rails (Phusion Passenger, Unicorn)
Python (mod_python, uWSGI, gunicorn)
Java (Tomcat, Glassfish, Jetty, Jboss)
Database/DataStores (Mysql + variants, Postgresql, Oracle, Mongodb, Memcached, Redis, Riak, Membase/CouchDB, nd others)
Data Analysis (Hadoop, Bigdata)
Distributed File System (Glusterfs, Coda, Ceph, pVFS, Lustre, ZFS, OneFS, XtreemFS)
Search (Solr, Lucene, Nutch, ElasticSearch, Lily, Katta)
Caching (varnish, memcache, flashcache)
Monitoring (Nagios, Munin, Icinga, Ganglia, cacti, ntop, op5, Zabbix, pandoraFMS, OpsView and others)
DNS (bind, tinydns,)
Mail (postfix/sendmail/qmail/exim, Dovecot/Courier)
Security (Snort, Splunk, Samhain, OSSEC, OSSIM, Suricata)
Centralized logging (rsyslog+loganalyzer, splunk, zlogfabric, octopussy, Samhain, Graylog2, Kibana, Log.io, OpenTSDB, Flume, Scribe
CMS (wordpress, joomla, mambo, typo3, etc and other custom developed CMS)
and many other applications and services
Most of these infrastructure architecture are for high volume traffic web application or for massive computing requirements.
I can help you in following way.
• python, django, golang web app development, REST back-end
• code deployment, automation
• Efficient monitoring system and notification configuration
• OS updated and performance tuning of kernel to support database & applications.
• Backup solution to take backup and transfer to offsite.
• A configuration management ( saltstack / puppet/ cfengine) and load balancing solution.
• Source control using git, svn
• On call support.