Expert Web Scraper, Automation Developer - Web/Des...
Last active: 2 days ago
- Web Scraping/Crawling (using NodeJS, PhantomJS/CasperJS, CheerioJS, Python, PERL & Java)
- General Automation (Web/Browser/Desktop) - Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey scripts
- General Scripting (Python, PERL, Shell Scripting)
- UNIX command-line tools, VIM
Try me. You won't be disappointed.
What have I got to offer?
I’ve got some really good experience & expertise in automation (web & desktop - Linux, Win & OSX), quick scripting & general coding.
You can always trust me with almost any automation/coding requirements (ex. unix command line tools, developing quick scripts, tweaking existing scripts, web scraping/crawling, creating APIs) at a fair price and a very quick turnover.
When I deliver a piece of code/script, I’ll make sure that it is professionally written (to the highest quality & efficiency) and that it has a proper README file (on using it in your local system/host).
For clients who are interested only in the output, I’m by all means fine to run it on my set of hosts and give them the expected output (in the requested format - TXT, CSV, JSON, XML, XSLX, DOCX, Insert directly into a DB etc.).
I’m passionate about coding and so I always keep learning something new or look around github for some interesting projects to contribute.
To me all programming languages are just a set of syntax rules - anyone with strong DS & Algorithm knowledge can learn and master them in days/weeks.
Preferred OS: Linux, Preferred Editor: vim
My approach for any fixed price automation job is -
1. Analyse the requirements
2. Come up with a time & price estimate & Review it with the client
3. Develop a quick sample script
4. Generate a sample output of the code and send it to the client for suggestions/corrections
5. Tweak the script to accommodate the suggestions
6. Develop a full fledged perfect script
7. Run the script to get the final output
8. Send the output (and/or script according to the job) to the client for a ‘thumbs up’
8. a. By this stage we shouldn’t be having any changes in script, but if at all the client has any last minute changes, I can accommodate them, give a fresh run/output
9. Send any other related stuff - like README file, if the script needs to be run at the client’s end
10. Get paid & reviewed
11. If unsatisfied, I’m willing to give back all the money paid by the client.
If at all you want to interview me, I’m available at Skype (ID: vdraceil)
Looking forward to many great work experiences.