This is Smith B, I'm a mobile application developer who enjoys the challenges of working with cutting edge platforms such as iOS and Android. My expertise includes user interface design, network communications, web services, SQLite databases, and location
This is Smith B, I'm a mobile application developer who enjoys the challenges of working with cutting edge platforms such as iOS and Android. My expertise includes user interface design, network communications, web services, SQLite databases, and location based services. I have good organizational skills and can easily "switch gears" between platforms, languages, and development environments. I'm a well rounded generalist who can bring immediate value to an organization while quickly learning the particular technology and application domain at hand.
- Advanced knowledge of Objective-C, Cocoa Touch, and the iOS SDK.
- An intermediate understanding of Java and the Android SDK.
- A large number of projects delivered from the UX stage through to App Store submission and distribution.
- Full understanding of the Apple Human Interface Guidelines and App Store submission rules and regulations.
- A firm grasp of UI best practices for iOS applications.
Front End Development
- XHTML to W3C Standards (I tend to use XHTML 1.0 Strict)
- CSS to W3C Standards (including graceful degradation of draft CSS 3)
- Large knowledge of cross-browser problems and how to resolve them semantically (e.g. no CSS hacks)
- A wide knowledge of the various Accessibility guidelines (including WCAG 2.0, Section 508, and WAI)
- Back End Development
- PHP 4/5 (both Object Orientated and Procedural)
- MySQL 4/5 and how to optimize it
- Usage of various CMS packages such as Drupal, Joomla, and WordPress
- Various e-commerce integrations including Protx / SagePay, WorldPay, SECPay, PayPal, and Google - Checkout
- Wide use of social APIs (e.g. Twitter, Facebook Connect, Flickr, YouTube, FireEagle)
- Basic knowledge of Ruby on Rails, AppleScript, C, and Objective-C