Ruby on Rails Developer
Last active: 05/05/2014
Passionate, responsible and committed software developer, with a driven mindset and a passion for code. With much experience in designing, implementing and adapting technically sophisticated online web applications.
* <Name Pending Start Up>
I’ve designed and implemented the back end service for a Ruby on Rails application to receive SMS messages through the Twilio API and save the customer’s information to the system database.
I designed full web automation modules for popular websites using Watir and Watir-webdriver in Ruby.
* Scholar Square
I designed a script to pay all site members who’ve authored content; all appropriate fees for students memberships, and subscriptions, via the PayPal API using Python.
Designed and deployed a full eCommerce website built on top of the Satchmo/Django framework using Python.
Designed an application to record basketball tournament data and rank teams on many different criteria. I designed my own flat file database system to keep records in CSV. This was used to rank a multiday interstate basketball tournament.
_Open Source Contributions_
* Active Gem Author and Publisher http://rubygems.org/profiles/danielpclark
* Contributor to the RubyGems Open Source Project itself
* My own various Open Source projects published to Github http://github.com/danielpclark
* Open Source game released in 2002 called Py Connect Four written in Python using the PyGame SDL library
* Active StackOverFlow.com contributor
Equivalent of 4+ years of experience developing software with more than 10+ years part time involvement.
* Proficient in: Ruby, Python, APIs, Berkeley DB, Communication Skills, Computer Repair, CSS, Gem Authoring, GIMP, HTML, JSON, Linux System Administration, OOD, Satellite Communications, Web Dev/Design, Web Framework, Windows System Administration, XML
* Web Automation with: Mechanize, Nokogiri, Selenium, and Watir
* Studying Techniques: GRASP, Permutation Algorithms, SOA
For a full resume check http://6ftdan.com/resume/