I have been working in the IT field for more than 22 years as a Systems Analyst. I use computers and related systems to design new IT solutions, modify, enhance or adapt existing systems, and integrate new features and improvements
I have been working in the IT field for more than 22 years as a Systems Analyst. I use computers and related systems to design new IT solutions, modify, enhance or adapt existing systems, and integrate new features and improvements, all with the aim of improving business efficiency and productivity.
My work activities also depend on the size and nature of the employer or organisation and the focus of clients' business demands, but typically involve:
• liaising extensively with external or internal clients
• analyzing clients' existing systems and business models
• mapping and documenting interfaces between legacy and new systems
• understanding software development life cycle
• translating client requirements into highly specified project briefs
• identifying options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability
• conducting requirements analysis and preparing specific proposals for modified or replacement systems
• developing solutions and related products
• producing project feasibility and cost report
• presenting proposals to clients
• working closely with colleagues, developers, testers and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
• ensuring that budgets are adhered to and deadlines met
• drawing up, supervising and documenting testing schedule for complete system
• overseeing implementation of a new system including data migration
• planning and working flexibly within deadlines
• supporting users on change control and system updates
• providing training and user manuals to users of a new system
• keeping up to date with technical and industry developments
OS: MAC OS X Leopard, DOS, Windows NT, Windows XP/2000/Me/95/98, UNIX, Linux.
Data Base Environments:Oracle 8i, Access, MYSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Unix Shell.
Software Platforms: XML..NET Framework, Macromedia Flash, VBA.