I bring a wide and deep body of experience to the table. It is centered around communication and community. Over the past decade, I’ve fostered communication between businesses, governments and political campaigns, and the communities of which they wanted
I bring a wide and deep body of experience to the table. It is centered around communication and community. Over the past decade, I’ve fostered communication between businesses, governments and political campaigns, and the communities of which they wanted to be a part. I’ve also used communication to build new communities and reform existing ones.
• In my current consultancy business, I’ve specialized in bringing new social media sites from development to deployment. This requires serving as a bridge between senior management, marketers, IT staff, lawyers and the general public, despite the different priorities and backgrounds of each group. As to the public, the job is sociology, programming and marketing rolled into one. To top it off, it requires crafting a human and accessible public persona for the institution that’s sponsoring the new site.
• As Community Manager at Yahoo, I helped to build a loyal audience for Yahoo Answers and My Web, two strategically important products in which users build the content. The quality of these products hinges on the quality of their users, and it was my job to retain those users.
• As Communications Coordinator for the Mayor of the City of St. Louis, I wrote the speeches and articles that enabled him to reach out to a diverse electorate, crossing racial, economic and ethnic lines.
• As a public liaison and campaign manager, I've spent my days with those people, answering tough questions in such a way that every answer built a specific image.
• As an executive in two web development firms, I built products for a variety of institutional and professional clients. Not technically inclined themselves, they relied upon me to serve as a bridge between the engineers and themselves.
In all of these fields, I've been able to draw upon a wide fund of knowledge and skills. My legal education (J.D., Vanderbilt, 1995) provided me with the research skills, organizational ability and techniques needed to navigate complex organizations and complicated projects with strict deadlines.
- $44.44 HOURLY RATE
- 0 HOURS
- UNITED STATES
- LAST ACTIVE
3 PORTFOLIO ITEMS