Hi I am Yuriy and I love to code and work on projects. I am comfortable as part of a team or taking the lead. I am happy working on small jobs and bug fixes or writing code for large
Hi I am Yuriy and I love to code and work on projects. I am comfortable as part of a team or taking the lead. I am happy working on small jobs and bug fixes or writing code for large development projects.
I specialize in:
- Git, Subversion;
- OOP, MVC, Enterprise Search;
- AJAX, XML, JSON;
- Amazon S3, Rackspace Cloud;
- HTML5 geolocation, IP geolocation, Maxmind;
- Google API, Google Maps, Google Wallet, Google Calendar API, Google Mail API;
- Paypal, Authorize.net, iPayment, CyberSource, Merchant One, GoEmerchant, Intuit Merchant Services;
- Facebook API, Twitter API, Pinterest API;
- PHP, Yii Framowork, CakePHP, Joomla, WordPress;
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, Solr;
- Unix, FreeBSD, Apache;
- HTML, CSS;
I would like to share with you a recent testimonial from a long term employer on odesk below as an example of the sort of work I have done and can provide references on request:
"Yuriy Kurilyuk worked with me for over 4000 hours across 2 years to build the most advanced real estate search engine portal in the Australian Market.
Yuriy was able to understand the vision and solve problems in a very demanding startup environment, creating new technology in this space.
When working to create new features, there is little documentation to fall back on. Yuriy’s skills as a programmer and problem solver are exceptional, oftentimes spending his spare time and weekends thinking and researching a problem so he could have a solution on Monday.
As a startup entrepreneur it’s impossible to understate the value that Yuriy brings to a company. You know that when you give him a problem, if it’s possible to solve, Yuriy will solve it. Having tech certainty in this space is an amazing relief and with a programmer as skilled as he is, your ability to execute innovative tech is magnified.
An overview of the work Yuriy has undertaken includes the following:
• Integrating a Joomla! framework into a heavily customised java based search engine (Apache Solr).
• Integrate multiple datasets to create a “Google like” search parser (postcodes, suburb lists, telecommunications exchange locations etc.)
• Create the first “Draw My Search” feature connecting Google maps libraries to our custom backend to process very intensive queries in milliseconds.
• Capture large multimedia datasets (hundreds of millions of files), optimise them, store then in Amazon S3 and Rackspace cloud files.
• Optimise and maintain in Git repositories millions of lines of code.
• Work with and master a range of codes and technologies, PHP, MySQL, Solr, Html, CSS etc.
• Manage a team of up to 30 people, co-ordinating tasks between the groups across multiple time zones and nationalities.
I could write many more words on the sort of work that Yuriy can do but the most important things I can say to any potential employer is that he does what he says, he is very loyal, hardworking, takes ownership of your project and treats it like his own, and is a great pleasure to work with. I would not hesitate to recommend Yuriy Kurilyuk to any potential employer."