I am currently a freelance operations consultant & contractor and a prospective entrepreneur. My career in both food manufacturing operations and asset-based lending has provided me with complementary skills and knowledge of managing both qualitative and quantitative factors and how they
I am currently a freelance operations consultant & contractor and a prospective entrepreneur. My career in both food manufacturing operations and asset-based lending has provided me with complementary skills and knowledge of managing both qualitative and quantitative factors and how they interrelate. I am a systems-thinker and I enjoy developing and refining management systems, and measuring the qualitative and quantitative results after execution.
I have been involved with various projects over the past 10+ years. During my 4 years in asset-based lending, I examined various companies in multiple industries and countries, participated in the acquisition of a publicly-traded foreign competitor, and relocated to London to establish European operations. During my 5+ years in food manufacturing, I developed numerous qualitative and quantitative management systems for internal purposes, developed new products, and contributed to strategic partnership development.
However, this past year has been the most exciting as a freelancer: I was the lead consultant (independent) on a food product recall, I joined the Net Impact NYC Programs Committee for Pro Bono Consulting in an Operations Management capacity, dedicated most of my professional time to developing a Fruit Juice Startup Venture, and I am currently creating an operating budget model for a startup based in China. The following are my career highlights:
Fruit Juice Venture
- Authored 4,000-word Grant Application to the state of Michigan in order to obtain $250,000 in cost-reimbursements for both the marketing platform and production facility plan in lieu of incurring third-party debt and/or diluting equity.
- Constructed multifunctional Excel financial model in order to forecast operational performance, budget capital requirements, and determine the economic viability of the business concept.
Business & Operations Consultant
- Designed and constructed MS Excel Operating Budget for Beijing-based agricultural research and news subscription startup venture by examining their operations in conjunction with the various revenues and costs related thereto.
- Scrutinized and redesigned a USDA-regulated RTE facility's Standard Operating Procedures in immediate response to a 35,000 lb. food product recall.
- Authored twenty (20) page Corrective Action Report that the establishment included in its final report for the USDA District Office.
General Manager of Food Manufacturing Division
- Supervised and coordinated all facets of manufacturing division including cost and investment analysis, forecasting, procurement ($30 million annual budget), labor utilization ($5 million annual expense), overall equipment/people effectiveness, inventory planning & control, regulatory compliance, product development, and strategic customer support.
- Achieved $1.5 million (5% of total variable cost) per annum cost reduction, 30% process capacity increase, 28% labor productivity increase, and 7% multifactor productivity increase through manufacturing strategy reassessment, management task consolidation, line balancing & sequencing, procurement proficiency, and capital investments.
Vice President of Investments
- Prospected, analyzed, negotiated and structured over $250 million of executed investments in various plant, property & equipment spanning different industries in multiple countries.
- Chief analyst on $150 million acquisition of a publicly-traded competitor that expedited the efficient transition and integration of the competitor’s business development team.
- $50.00 HOURLY RATE
NO FEEDBACK GIVEN
- 0 HOURS
- UNITED STATES
- LAST ACTIVE
0 PORTFOLIO ITEMS