I am an experienced project manager, proposal writer / RFP writer, researcher, writer, auditor, and analyst with a niche service in government consulting and capture. My content areas are varied and wide and as an analyst and researcher, I'm experienced
I am an experienced project manager, proposal writer / RFP writer, researcher, writer, auditor, and analyst with a niche service in government consulting and capture. My content areas are varied and wide and as an analyst and researcher, I'm experienced at adapting and building on past frameworks. A NOTE ABOUT SUCCESS RATE: In government proposal writing, many oDesk clients discover they do not meet minimum qualifications for government proposals. When this happens, the proposal can't be submitted. I have been ending these projects and we have these options: job completed successfully; job completed unsuccessfully; or other reason. I have been coding these as "other reason" and also providing a rather detailed explanation assuming oDesk was reviewing. Unfortunately, the 'other reason'--a client's INABILITY to meet minimum quals has equated to what appears to be my failure. NOT THE CASE. I have asked oDesk to review and revise but if past is prologue, this will never happen. Here is a direct response to oDesk criteria that clients can not see but that is reflected on the freelancer's screen:
- public and private feedback - a near perfect record
- successful completion of work - 100% of work that can be completed
- client complaints - 100% recommendation level
- responsiveness levels - more than 99.5% (the rest is unknown)
- missed deadlines - 0
- disputes - 0
- long term client relationships - 20% oDesk repeaters. 5, 3-year old non oDesk repeat clients
GOVERNMENT CONSULTING AND PROPOSAL WRITING
I've directly consulted and advised government since 1995, either within government, or in a national management consulting firm. I take all the skills at my disposal: analysis, research, audit, writing--to provide best practice solutions. I have worked as a project director, project manager, and team lead, conducting activities, writing and editing reports, developing work and audit plans, and all served as a practice area proposal coordinator while remaining 87% billable.
I've helped businesses pursue government work since 2006. I utilize advanced PM practices to sequence activities based on priority, and condensed from the Shipley process.
If you seek government proposal work, I'll ask that you respond to the following:
1. Are you new to this sector?
2. What service do you provide?
3. Who are the potential clients?
4. Has the deadline for questions passed?
5. Do you have prior proposals that will be available to me?
6. If a SME is needed, will you provide?
7. Do you meet minimum qualifications? Do you know what minimum qualifications are?
8. How successful have you been in the public sector?
9. Are you able to start providing information within 48 hours?
10. Do you recognize that almost all facts and content must be complete five days before submission?
11. Are you a client of a client?
CONTENT AREAS: ambulance billing, airport operations, automated passport control (APC), economic development, education (K-12, IHE), electronic health records (EHR), electronic medical records (EMR), electronic patient care reporting (ePCR), franchise operations, health level seven (HL7), labor, lean six sigma, government, legislation, public safety, SAAS, statutory research, theory of constraints, trades, transportation, workforce.
PROJECT MANAGER (OPERATIONS, NOT I.T.)
I've been an operational project manager since 1995. I've developed full-blown work plans, communications plans, and status and final reports. I currently use two PM software applications.
I've been a researcher since 1991. This skill enabled me to pursue work as a yellow-book auditor because both are based on documented facts. My research is independent, fact-based, and very often collaborative.
I've been a professional writer since 1995, to include press releases, summaries, white papers, reports, proposals, RFP's, and more.
AUDITOR and ANALYST
I am a trained performance auditor with documented experience. This type of auditing is specific to processes and data. Within this category is cost accounting. I've been an analyst since 1995, analyzing performance, revenue, budget, and so much more.
Just a note about my RATES--the rate that I bid reflects the 10% transaction fee. My rate ranges are:
$25 - $35: government capture and research; business research
$35 - $50: proposal coordination and writing
$50 - $75: government business development and capture.
Please note that a full-time employee that provided this service would range from $45 - $100 per hour with indirect costs. If you pay me $27.78 per hour, this is my net:
27.78-2.78=25.00 1st net
less employment tax, social security, medicare, and health insurance (for a total of $8.83)
for a 2nd net of $15.17. So, hopefully you can quickly realize the value you receive in hiring a freelancer over an employee.
I only accept hourly work with new clients and I also recognize the value of repeat work and will reflect that during rate discussions.
* My rates are flexible depending on the perceived need, so please provide as much information as possible.
* I don't work for commission.
* I don't work set hours unless I have the capacity. Should you wish more of an employee arrangement, where you set the hours and dictate how the work should be done, please contact oDesk Payroll, and I am pleased to consider that option.
* I don't work for clients of other clients. Have your client contact me directly.