I have been in the system administration and server management field for almost 10 years. Server management has been always my passion and I enjoy working in this area. I got loads of experience in key areas of server management
I have been in the system administration and server management field for almost 10 years. Server management has been always my passion and I enjoy working in this area. I got loads of experience in key areas of server management. I got immense experience in server hardening and server security. I have designed, configured and secured more than 1500 servers up to date. I have experience in setting up datacenter. I rate my troubleshooting skills very high and have been very successful in finding out the cause of an issue and solving it. As I am very savvy on this, I can assure my experience will be a added advantage for you. My relevant skillset is quoted below.
1. Complete Management of Linux/Unix/Windows server.
2. Control panel knowledge (cPanel, Plesk, Helm, Directadmin, Ensim, Webmin, Virtualmin)
3. Virtualization technology (OpenVZ, Xen, SoluzVM, HyperVM, VMware ESXi, Xen Center, Microsoft HyperV, KVMs)
4. Server migration between various control panels
5. Mail server (Exim, Sendmail, Postfix, Qmail)
6. Cloud Server ( OnApp, Amazon EC2)
7. WebServers (Apache, IIS, Nginx, Lighttpd, LiteSpeed)
8. Operating Systems (RHEL, CentOS, Debian, Ubintu, OpenSuse, FreeBsd, Windows)
9. SSL Certificates (Symantec, Digital certs, Go daddy, Verizon)
10. Proficient in troubleshooting various desktop issues and applications
11. Good Knowledge in DRBD. Have setup more than 100 servers
12. Good knowledge in failover technology. Have used pacemaker/heartbeat for realizing failover clusters
13. Good knowledge in load balancers. Have used linux virtual server as the load balancer. Configured, LVS NAT, direct routing and Tunnelling. Knowledge on split-brain issues
14. Immense experience in server monitoring. Haves nagios, Zabbix. have developed more than 200 nagios plugins. Always take pro-active measures on alerts
15. VPN, PPTP,IPsec, SSH, SSL/TLS
16. FTP, SVN, CVS, GIT, Samba File Server
17. Content management system: OpentCart, Wordpress, OsCommerce, Ecommerce, Joomla
18. Networking: DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, OpenVPN, NFS, SAMBA, GFI, Squid Proxy realized with authentication, Firewalls (csf/apf/iptables), Clusters (active-passive/failover), Remote Installation (with KVM/IPMI), Network Address Translation, Network Information System
19. Backup: R1soft, CDP, rzync based backup, Rdiff, control panel backups
20. Server hardening of any kind of servers. Will provide complete report of what all security steps has been done on the server. Can setup weekly cronjob to get a server security report.
Major Projects done
1. Design, harden and setup servers in a datacenter. The total number of servers setup is 600.
2. Implement monitoring for servers with nagios as the monitoring server. Number of servers added to nagios is1500.
3. Develop nagios plugins for a client. Number of plugins created is 75.
4. Migration of servers. Migrated 300 virtual machines from 5 physical nodes to two physical nodes.
5. Migration between control panels. have done more than 1000 migrations till date.
6. Mailbox Migration: Done exim mailbox migration in MailDir format. Number of email account migrated is approximately 10,000.
7. Load balancing setup for a client with LVS NAT. Effectively completed the project with one master server and 5 load balancer clients. The website hosted in this cluster has got almost 2 million hits a day.
8. Configured DRBD for online data sync with almost 50 resources configured. Have configured “Automatic split-brain recovery policies”.
9. Designed and Setup failover servers with DRBD-Pacemaker. The corosync cluster engine was used. Resource level fencing was used. The cluster got 10 servers. Five such clusters has been realized.
10. Configured centralized server management software Puppet on a group of 1200 servers. Updated various security softwares such as SSH, CSF firewall etc on all these group of servers at once using puppet.
Malayalam – Mother Tongue
English – High Level - Speak, Read and Write