I am an entrepreneur, and love to solve problems, whether it finding an elusive programming bug, finding a solution to a difficult programming problem, or tracking down information. If I can have fun working on a problem, and impress you
I am an entrepreneur, and love to solve problems, whether it finding an elusive programming bug, finding a solution to a difficult programming problem, or tracking down information. If I can have fun working on a problem, and impress you with the results, I'll be happy.
My main experience is with complex programming using C/C++ in Windows (with an emphasis on networking), while starting small businesses and marketing them (having gotten clients such as the USPS, NASA, Boston Celtics, and Department of Homeland Security). I also have a lot of experience with networking (DNS, IPs, domains). Much of my work has been with mission critical projects.
I am not looking for full-time work, just smaller projects that interest me. Some of my unique specialties include:
• COMPLEX PROGRAMMING TASKS: When programming, I enjoy challenges, such as: multi-threading issues, sorting billions of pieces of data, processing 1000s of concurrent TCP/IP connections, processing more data than can fit in memory, real-time sorting of thousands of pieces of incoming data per second.
• DEBUGGING: I have extensive experience debugging software. I like to find elusive bugs, such as deadlocking. I'm familiar with reading stackwalks, tracing where in code errors occur, and tracking down what conditions caused an error.
• OPTIMIZATION: I love to determine why code (or websites) are running slower than expected. I use functions that time down to the .000001 second, know how to find and test different algorithms for speed, can read assembly, and can profile code.
• INTERNET DETECTIVE, DNS/IP/DOMAIN INVESTIGATION: Outside of programming, I have a lot of experience with taking minimal information about a person or organization and discovering as much information as possible about the person or organization. Sometimes I just have a name and city, or IP address or phone number, and can come up with an amazing amount of information.
• ETHICAL WEB SCRAPING, DATA MINING: I won't do the 95% or so that are illegal and/or immoral. But if you want, say, a list of all .com domains that have the word 'restaurant' on their home page, yes, I've got a way of doing that. Or any scraping where you have permission to do so.
My preferred method of communication is E-mail (I've found it to be most efficient most of the time), but am happy to use the phone (or Skype) if desired.
I will only apply for a job if I feel that I can solve your problem. I do not yet have any feedback, but will be more than happy to provide references, and will do my best to ensure you are completely satisfied with my work. I am also happy to take on fixed-price jobs (where you do not pay until the job is done to your satisfaction).