C++, CUDA, Matlab, Simulink, Optics
Last active: 3 days ago
My main skills are C, C++, Matlab, Python, Simulink, GPGPU (CUDA, OpenCL), machine learning, computer vision (incl. OpenCV), DSP (audio processing, image processing). I work with these technologies for several years and can show projects in which I used them.
Batteries included: unix shell scripting, vcs (hg, git), ssh, makefiles.
The projects I most proud of:
* Development of the "high-level" algorithmic parts of a satellite sun tracker. A sun tracker is a device that helps a satellite to find its orientation. I was to develop algorithms of searching, catching and tracking sun. Devices that use the algorithms I developed are being set on several types of satellites.
* Development of mathematical methods which improve accuracy of different devices including the sun tracker above. For example, my algorithm that compensates effects of temperature increases device accuracy by approx. four times (from 7 to 2 arcminutes).
* I also developed algorithms for devices that are not in production yet: rangemeters, anglemeters, 3d scanners etc. and helped with the development of algorithms of statellite Earth tracker.
* Research and development of the way to optically find parameters of thin films. It was an optimization problem which I tried to solve using different methods (including genetic algorithms and particle swarm optimization). I found a solution and it was very computationally-heavy, that is why I wrote the core algorithm with CUDA and Thrust.
* I developed an interactive mode for Clay programming language (claylabs.com/clay/) that uses LLVM JIT technique. My patches can be found in the work-in-progress branch at github (https://github.com/jckarter/clay/pulls/galchinsky?direction=desc&page=1&sort=created&state=closed). Unfortunately the project is not being developed now.
* Odesk clients gave me opportunities to help them in different interesting fields. I made several interesting projects: image stitching, GPGPU financial app., semi-automatic tumor detector and a dozen of small projects that are listed in my odesk profile.