As a specialist in LEAN start-ups, I bring very strong recent industry experience across many functional corporate disciplines with great client references that will help you to make your business project successful. Talk to me about special pricing for your
As a specialist in LEAN start-ups, I bring very strong recent industry experience across many functional corporate disciplines with great client references that will help you to make your business project successful. Talk to me about special pricing for your specific needs.
2014 has turned out to be a banner year for me. Between my clients here on oDesk as well as my own personal clients, I have provided a range of services for a wide variety of projects that carried a combined overall project value in excess of US $350M. Sectors I've worked in this year alone have included cloud-based SaaS solutions, mobile apps, mobile devices, gesture-based motion sensing, digital rights management, digital content development, online team collaboration, online education, online insurance delivery, professional sports analytics, mineral resource mining, marine asset management, food and beverage manufacturing, mobile healthcare, cruise industry, amusement parks, entertainment, aquaculture, and more.
Types of services or deliverables I have provided so far this year have included:
- ongoing CEO/founder mentorship
- LEAN start-up planning and concept development, particularly in circumstances where little or no capital is available.
- growth-stage planning and product/service expansion
- ongoing coaching and advisory services on virtually every internal discipline including corporate development, team development, brand development and positioning, finding and securing advisors, product/service ideation, private equity finance preparation and product/service launch planning.
- product and service ideation from initial concept development to long-term commercial viability planning
- development of a broad range of investor materials and pitch preparation, including pitch decks for more than $350M in complex private equity financings involving angels, VCs and Gov't bond financings. Pitch decks range from traditional 12 page decks for tech companies to bigger decks for larger, highly complex mega projects (usually 30-60+ pages).
- development of strategic planning and budgeting for a wide range of comprehensive digital marketing and social media campaigns
- development of business opportunity assessments to validate potential business ideas and identify the best possible success strategy to move the project forward from a vision state.
OTHER AREAS OF SERVICE:
- Creation of various strategic plans (business plans. marketing plans, HR plans, product development/management plans, etc.)
- Business strategy development (both lean and full operations)
- Product ideation and development/manufacturing planning
- Brand management
- Traditional and digital marketing planning and implementation (incl. comprehensive social media)
- Qualitative market research and analysis
- Business development planning
- Launch planning and management
- Customer acquisition, retention and conversion
- Development of strategic partnerships
- Team building (particularly when you have limited resources)
- Prep for early-stage financing and due diligence
- Board of Directors recruitment, development and operations
- Advisory board development
- Full implementation of everything listed above
In addition to being an independent advisor on oDesk, Scott is also the senior strategy advisor for SocialNRG Advisory Solutions, a boutique business services firm dedicated to helping early-stage entrepreneurs build amazing companies.
A serial entrepreneur with eight (8) of his own start-ups and more than 30 client-based start-ups under his belt, Scott intimately understands the immediate and long-term needs of both start-ups and their founders. This first-hand experience is essential towards helping Scott create value while assisting his portfolio clients build amazing, successful companies.
Over the last several years, Scott has successfully completed a broad number of engagements to a global portfolio of clients, both independently, on various freelancer websites and as an in-house senior strategist with multiple professional service firms for clients requiring expertise in a wide range of services.
Scott is a serial entrepreneur with more than 32 years of senior level experience and a strong passion for successfully strategizing, creating and bringing to market a variety of innovative products and services. Scott has served in most senior-level operational roles including multiple instances as the primary business leader. Scott has also raised substantial early-stage private equity investment for multiple projects.
Scott is an MBA mentor and frequently invited presenter with the University of Victoria's MBA Program at the Peter Gustafson School of Business where he speaks on the issue of value co-creation and open innovation for early-stage companies.