I am a seasoned marketing professional with a journalism degree from the United States and experience from one of the top U.S. independent ad agencies. I know how to provide superior project quality, meet strict deadlines and help clients
I am a seasoned marketing professional with a journalism degree from the United States and experience from one of the top U.S. independent ad agencies. I know how to provide superior project quality, meet strict deadlines and help clients find solutions. Writing, editing, media relations and research are some of my areas of expertise. Of course, I can also assist with English-Bulgarian translations, given I have lived in the US for 14 years and studied writing in both countries -- Bulgaria and the States. For more information about my skill set and to see my full portfolio, please visit http://vivabolova-work.weebly.com.
Career Summary: For nine years, I have worked in marketing in the United States and demonstrated the ability to create content for various outlets, manage big communications campaigns and increase revenue in a high-stress, deadline-driven environment. I also earned the chance to manage teams in several ad-agency departments and direct a variety of initiatives – from media relations to crisis management. My advertising experience gave me a chance to work with new technologies and write ad copy, and my work as a journalist made me a seasoned PR professional, who has secured coverage in all types of media: online, print and broadcast.
Achievements: Working with top journalists, managing big teams, providing superior project quality and coordinating details across numerous projects to keep jobs running like clockwork.
Clients: H&R Block, Minute Rice, Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Blue Bunny Ice Cream, Dawn Foods, Schreiber and more.
Read on for more details on my experience.
Account Supervisor – Account Management
- Supervised and executed a range of PR tactics such as media relations, blogger engagement and internal communication. Created writing content – articles, news alerts, website copy, presentations and key messages – to present client products to spokespeople, media and consumers.
- Led an integrated marketing team to manage clients’ brand awareness and develop annual communications plans for the third largest agency account, bringing additional revenue of 3.1MM for 2013.
- Often had to operate as the account person, PR advisor, creative thinker and project manager at once.
- Collaborated with various internal teams across disciplines to achieve client goals and execution: 1) Developed digital strategy, including Facebook sweepstakes and paid search. Collaborated with the Technical, Social and Design groups to create estimates and timelines. 2) Supervised and executed a range of tactics such as online banner production and website development. Assessed project communication, issues and timelines through software such as Webvantage and JIRA. 3) Worked closely with Planning and Media to analyze trends, competitive landscapes and potential audiences to define key targets and the best channels to leverage. Developed integrated plans and ensured all resources were booked and billable.
Account Supervisor – Public Relations
- Developed and finalized annual plans combining guerilla marketing, blogger relations, food sampling and the engagement of food and nutrition experts. Developed campaigns to get media coverage of clients’ products.
- Organized radio and satellite media tours to pique the interest of journalists. Partnered with famous bloggers and journalists to develop creative content. Supervised the execution of all PR initiatives.
- Led Schreiber, the most profitable CPG PR account and world’s largest supplier of cheese to the biggest names in the fast-food business. Led two consumer accounts and co-managed a business-to-business account while directly supervising three people.
- Operated as the CPG lead during staffing shifts, at times simultaneously managing paid media, earned media, account and project management aspects of the business. Kept cross-functional teams on track and on budget.
Senior Account Manager – Public Relations
- Autonomously managed three PR brands – Weight Watchers Sweet Baked Goods, Weight Watchers Cheese and Weight Watchers Ice Cream – increasing revenue from each by 93, 30 and 367 percent, respectively.
- Independently earned $510,000 in PR fee by building strong relationships with clients and producing four marketing plans while working on five accounts. In addition, managed execution, internal and external meetings and quarterly reporting.
- Mastered effectively addressing potential issues, defending budget cuts and delivering counsel in the areas of social media, public relations and reputation management.
- Worked closely with Wells Dairy – the largest privately held, family-owned ice cream manufacturer in the United States – to create and execute its internal and external communication programs.