customer requirement in detail and converting it to a full-fledged output faster in a cost-effective manner. I am seeking opportunities in administering and supporting the linux or unix servers with open source technologies. I am results-driven, customer-focused, with excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills. I also have the following skill sets. Strong Linux system administration skills,
especially LAMP administration and troubleshooting.Strong project management skills and leadership abilities.Awarded the best employee with nomination from the client for excellent technical skills, communication skills and leadership skills
* Operating Systems:
Redhat based distributions of GNU/Linux (RHEL, Fedora Linux, CentOS, Suse Linux)
Familiar with the file system structure of the listed operating systems
Installation, recompilation and hardening of Kernels & module management
Server Security audits, Server Hardening and tweaking.
Log file analysis and implement correction and preventive actions.
Cronjobs and their administration.
Managing processor, memory, disk, and network related issues.
Patching and customization of services.
* Monitoring Tools:
- Installation and configuration of Nagios & GroundWork monitoring system
- Administration and report generation using softwares.
* Command Line:
- Extensive experience using command line tools
- Remote Linux server administration using ssh
- Familiar with most Linux commands.
- Performance monitoring using command line tools.
* Software Installations:
Experience in compiling various softwares from source
Customization in various software Installations
Experience with package managers like rpm.
Familiar with the front end to the package managers like yum and up2date.
* Web Servers: Apache, Litespeed, Nginx, Squid and Haproxy
- Experience in installation, configuration and optimization
- Troubleshooting various issues faced by customers with their websites.
- Identify and handle intrusion issues and the denial of service and ddos.
* Database Server: Mysql, Postgresql
- Experience in installation, configuration and optimization.
- Knowledge of basic SQL queries.
- Configuring Mysql replication (Master-slave)
- Troubleshooting database connectivity issues.
* Scripting Language: Bash shell scripting
- Experience in writing basic bash shell scripts to automate tasks.
* Mail Servers: Exim, Qmail (basics), Postfix
- Experience in installation and configuration of mail servers.
- Experience in troubleshooting mail issues.
* Name Server: Bind
Experience in installation and configuration of Bind.
Experience in troubleshooting DNS issues.
* FTP Servers: Pureftpd, Proftpd
- Experience in installation and configuration of pureftpd and proftpd.
- Experience in troubleshooting FTP issues
* Software Firewalls: iptables (basics), APF and CSF
Experience in writing software firewall rules.
Installation and configuration of software firewalls.
Troubleshooting connectivity issues due to firewall blocks.
Installation and configuration of SSH service.
Configuring key-based authentication
Additional hardening using the configuration file options.
* Control Panels: Cpanel, Parallels Plesk
Experience in troubleshooting various issues with the web based control panels.
Extensive knowledge of the back end files and configuration thereby able to fix issues using the command line tools.
Installation, configuration and administration of the following virtualization techniques