Pro Russian translator, writer, journalist, blogge...
Last active: 1 day ago
Native Russian with linguistic education and 14 years of professional experience in writing, editing, and translation, including translation of books, covering news, writing web content, and software/website localization for large clients across the globe, and founder of two popular Russian blogs.
- I translated several published books.
- I work for two reputable translation agencies.
- I am a certified translator of a large Internet translation service.
- My good knowledge of the Russian language and translation theory is certified by a Russian university (linguistic school).
- I work or have worked at several leading Russian news sites.
- My articles were published in print newspapers in Russia.
- I localized top mobile apps.
- I am a founder of a well-known translation blog and personally translated about 800 articles for it.
- I run a personal blog with thousands of unique monthly visitors.
- Some clients of my projects were BBC, Google, Microsoft, Xerox, and MIT.
- I was an editor-in-chief at a newspaper.
- I was a game writer for the best of the year PC game in Russia.
- One of my articles on marketing has been reblogged in the Russian Internet almost 20,000 times.
- I've been honing my skills in the Russian language, translation, and computer science since 1997.
- I am a Top Rated oDesk contractor and do most of my work here.
- I type 100 words per minute.
SKILLS SUMMARY: My experience is a rare combination of computer and language competence. I have been working with computers since 1988 and regularly using Internet since 1999 (both are highly uncommon for Russia). I have extensive experience in high tech, Internet, computer science, social media, web content/services, software, mobile devices, and basic to intermediate skills in programming languages (Basic, C), HTML, Wordpress, web design, graphic design, SEO, photo/video/audio editing, digital photography/videography, OS deployment and maintenance, Linux. I type 100 words per minute. On the other hand, I majored in translation and linguistics at university (Vyatka State Humanities University) and have professionally worked as a translator, writer and editor for years, mainly in the IT sector. I have been gifted in the Russian language since my childhood. One of the books I translated is about translation principles and wide array of linguistic problems. Having deep and strong understanding of both high technology and the Russian language, knowing subtle nuances of Russian IT vocabulary and watching its trends, I am able to produce perfect IT texts.
FULL-TIME EXPERIENCE: In 2007, I was an editor-in-chief at a local newspaper NPPN (Kirov, Russia), where I not only was in charge of publishing a newspaper, but also helped with web design and marketing efforts.
In 2005-06 I worked full-time as a tech writer at a Moscow-based software company Imposant, creator of CreateSurvey.com, a well-known service used by tech giants like Microsoft. I wrote documentation, manuals, web content, software interfaces, app descriptions, press releases in Russian and English.
In 2003–05 I worked as a designer at a computer shop in my town.
FREELANCE EXPERIENCE: Currently, I'm involved in several projects on part-time positions, including oDesk projects. I work for 3DNews.ru, one of the largest Russian high tech news outlets, and Telekomza.ru, another web news outlet. I help two translation agency: ITI.ru and Lingua-vista.com. For the latter agency, I translate a lot about trading and binary options. I am a certified translator at OneHourTranslation.com. I help an online game Screeps.com translate their content and materials from Russian into English. I run my own project Inoblogger.ru since 2010. It was quoted and praised by leading news outlets in Russia (Lenta.ru, MobileReview.com) and well-known bloggers (Eldar Murtazin).
Besides that, I participated in numerous projects for various clients in Russia and abroad, including leading Russian companies such as RUSAL (translating a book on medicine and diet) and Volgatransgas (writing documentation on telemetering system), top mobile developers (Flipboard), global companies (Sinam, Talk Fusion), and a number of web and publishing projects in Russia, Ukraine, and Israel. My profile on the largest Russian freelance site FL.ru dates back to 2007 with many positive recommendations.
My translations and original articles appeared on major Russian online outlets, such as Cnews.ru, 3DNews.ru, IXBT.com, AppleInsider.ru, Habr.ru. My article about multi-level marketing is extremely popular in the Russian MLM community and was republished on almost 20,000 sites and blogs. Since 2002, I help translate and edit for Bibleist, a publishing firm in Moscow.
In 2000-03 I wrote gameplay texts for a PC game "Space Rangers" by Elemental Games (now Katauri Interactive). This game was awarded The Game of the Year title (2003) by leading Russian videogame magazines and 9/10 rating from Eurogamer.net.