I consider myself an open source enthusiast with experience in GNU/Linux based operating systems, including shell scripting, system and network administration, tasks automation, virtualization, configuration management and web development. In 2013 i started a web hosting project, working as
I consider myself an open source enthusiast with experience in GNU/Linux based operating systems, including shell scripting, system and network administration, tasks automation, virtualization, configuration management and web development. In 2013 i started a web hosting project, working as a Linux System Administrator, building the server infrastructure, solving problems connected to the network, users and the systems, monitoring the network efficiency and providing IT support on all levels. In 2014 as a private project i developed a minimal Linux distribution from scratch, Lfs based, that follows the minimal LSB requirements and other primary standards.
I also have 6 years experience working as a Technical Service Engineer in a multinational company, providing maintenance and service for bank IT equipment like automated cash exchange machines(CEM) and automated payment machines(APM) networks in my geographical area. Working here has provided me the opportunity to develop new skills, achieving first line troubleshooting and problem solving skills, working independently without supervision.
In the past 2 years i worked on various projects:
Working on various projects:
Development of server applications that serve for optimizing organic traffic to websites
GNU/Linux server installation, configuration, administration (Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS, Arch, LFS)
OS updates, automation, redundancy, optimization, firewall, data transfer, partitioning
Networking (IPv4, IPv6, iptables, routing, bind, pppoe, radius, openvpn)
Automated deployment and configuration management tools (Puppet)
Virtualization and cloud (Vagrant, OpenVZ, KVM, Xen, VMware products, Amazon Web Services)
Web hosting control panels (cPanel/WHM, Webmin/Virtualmin, ISPConfig)
LAMP(Apache) / LEMP(nginx) stack servers
Shell scripting and basic programming (Bash, PHP, Python)
DB (MySQL, Redis NoSQL)
Monitoring (Nagios, Cacti)
- installing server infrastructures
- automating the systems
- planning the appropriate system needs
- applying patches and updates
- implementing security measures
- automating tasks, performing light programming and shell scripting
- solving problems connected to the network and the systems
- monitoring the network and server applications involved in projects
- performing regular backups and restoring information if necessary, automatic recovery solutions
- setting up user accounts
- monitoring the storage capabilities of the system
- log and incident analysis
- planning and implementing clients needs
- upgrading or installing the appropriate systems for dedicated and virtual servers.
- development of web applications, social media applications and shell scripts
- implementing intrusion detection systems and prevention systems.