Native Russian with linguistic education and 13 years of professional experience in writing, editing and translation (from English), including translation of books, localization of software/websites, and publishing magazines. I deliver texts of the highest quality, with deep understanding of
Native Russian with linguistic education and 13 years of professional experience in writing, editing and translation (from English), including translation of books, localization of software/websites, and publishing magazines. I deliver texts of the highest quality, with deep understanding of the context, background, and the client's needs, with high level of flexibility and creativity when needed. Please read more to see why you should not look any further if you need a Russian writer.
- I translated several books which are available for sale online in print.
- My original articles were published in leading media outlets and print newspapers in Russia.
- I localized top mobile apps.
- I am a founder of a well-known translation blog which was praised by leading publications in Russia for its high quality content and original idea.
- My good knowledge of the Russian language and translation theory is certified by a Russian university.
- Among the clients of the projects I worked on were Microsoft, Xerox, and MIT.
- I was an editor-in-chief at a newspaper.
- I was a game writer for the best of the year PC game in Russia.
- One of my articles on marketing has been reblogged in the Russian Internet almost 20,000 times.
- My personal blog has over 40,000 unique monthly visitors.
- I have thousands of followers on social sites.
- I continuously hone my skills in the Russian language, translation, and computer science since 1997.
- I type 100 words per minute.
- My oDesk portfolio contains more than 50 samples, almost all of which are real, successfull, and paid projects.
- My main work quality is reliability: I am highly responsible, meet deadlines, and always in touch, even on the go.
SKILLS SUMMARY: My experience is a rare combination of computer and language competence. I have been working with computers since 1988 and regularly using Internet since 1999 (both are highly uncommon for Russia). I have extensive experience in high tech, Internet, computer science, social media, web content/services, software, mobile devices, and basic to intermediate skills in programming languages (Basic, C), HTML, Wordpress, web design, graphic design, SEO, photo/video/audio editing, digital photography/videography, OS deployment and maintenance, Linux. I type 100 words per minute. On the other hand, I majored in translation and linguistics at university (Vyatka State Humanities University) and have professionally worked as a translator, writer and editor for years, mainly in the IT sector. I have been highly gifted in the Russian language since my childhood. One of the books I translated is about translation principles and wide array of linguistic problems. Having deep and strong understanding of both high technology and the Russian language, knowing subtle nuances of Russian IT vocabulary and watching its trends, I am able to produce perfect IT texts.
FULL-TIME EXPERIENCE: In 2007, I was an editor-in-chief at a local newspaper NPPN (Kirov, Russia), where I not only was in charge of publishing a newspaper, but also helped with web design and marketing efforts.
In 2005-06 I worked full-time as a tech writer at a Moscow-based software company Imposant, creator of CreateSurvey.com, a well-known service used by tech giants like Microsoft. I wrote documentation, manuals, web content, software interfaces, app descriptions, press releases in Russian and English.
FREELANCE EXPERIENCE: Currently, I write, translate, and consult for a number of companies in Russia, USA, Europe, and Middle East. I worked with top mobile developers (Flipboard) and global MLM companies (Talk Fusion). I also run my own project Inoblogger.ru since 2010. It was quoted by leading news outlets in Russia (Lenta.ru, MobileReview.com) and well-known bloggers (Eldar Murtazin).
Prior to that, I participated in numerous projects for various clients in Russia and abroad, including leading Russian companies such as RUSAL (translating a book on medicine and diet) and Volgatransgas (writing documentation on telemetering system) I held several positions in web and publishing projects in Russia, Ukraine, and Israel. My profile on the largest Russian freelance site dates back to 2007 with many positive recommendations.
My original articles appeared on major Russian online outlets, such as Cnews.ru, 3DNews.ru, AppleInsider.ru. My article about multi-level marketing is extremely popular in the Russian MLM community and was republished on almost 20,000 sites and blogs. Since 2002, I help translate and edit for Bibleist, a publishing firm in Moscow.
In 2000-03 I wrote gameplay texts for a PC game "Space Rangers" by Elemental Games (now Katauri Interactive). This game was awarded The Game of the Year title (2003) by leading Russian videogame magazines and 9/10 rating from Eurogamer.net.